Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Companions Dissapointed

• 41 posts
    March 18, 2013 12:24 PM EDT

Clearly, you are not understanting what I said. When I said that the companions don't keep putting quests in your list, i wasn't talking about "misc quests". If you still don't understand, allow me to explain.

[SPOILERS] When you give the fragment of Wuuthrad to Kodlak, a "Misc quest" will be added to your quest list, saying that you have to "ask the Companions for another job".[SPOILERS]

This isn't a real quest, is more for a Miscellaneous task. So it will not show in your normal quest list.

Also, when I just "Click the quest I don't want to do when it's active" I'm not being RP, am I?

• March 18, 2013 12:34 PM EDT
    From a technical standpoint, there is not much difference between a "real" quest and a misc. quest besides slightly different placing. From an RP standpoint, there's still no difference.
    • 1913 posts
    March 18, 2013 12:35 PM EDT
    Misc. quests are real quests, they just don't have a main storyline (most of the time). And that "I'm not being RP, am I?"... I RP, and if I don't think the quest is on the character's mind as a main thing to do, I won't do it (ergo, turn of the quest marker.)
    • 41 posts
    March 18, 2013 12:41 PM EDT

Depends on how you RP. Your character can ignore you first job as a real member of the guild, mine can not.

• 1913 posts
    March 18, 2013 12:51 PM EDT
    Which is why I said "IF I don't think the quest is on the character's mind as a main thing to do"... IF
    • 41 posts
    March 18, 2013 1:03 PM EDT

Yes, yes. That's all about opnion. But I still find the Companions the "easier to RP" faction in the game. They may don't have the best quest line, but I liked them.

• 1913 posts
    March 18, 2013 1:11 PM EDT
    They are easier to RP, but they are the shortest and least fulfilling faction in skyrim (the last thing is an opinion, but an opinion many agree with)