Forums » Elder Scrolls

No PS3 dragonborn

• 856 posts
    November 8, 2012 12:45 PM EST

I, too, am on a PC (with Hearthfire and Dawnguard), and yes, 'Hearthfire' as a freebie for PS3 users would be a grand gesture as would any discount on Dawnguard.  I cannot understand why anyone would be against this gesture - it doesn't hurt them at all.  Hell, we all know that after some time has passed, the prices for DLC will be discounted for everyone, anyway. 

• 285 posts
    November 8, 2012 1:29 PM EST
    Dieter, I haven't complained or hated on Bethesda, why would I? I'm on Xbox 360.
  • November 8, 2012 2:02 PM EST

I haven't noticed many complaints about Dawnguard from PC'ers either(I've seen some on Youtube, of course, but that's Youtube).

• November 8, 2012 2:04 PM EST

I'm not hating on Bethesda either I'm just saying some type of condolence should be made for loyal PS3 players.

• 1 posts
    November 8, 2012 10:43 PM EST

You know what they say Coming to xbox first and Ps3 never.

• November 8, 2012 10:47 PM EST

Optimism: Pass it on

• 28 posts
    November 9, 2012 6:28 AM EST

But every other company manages to make DLC's for games on PS3 which work fine and aren't delayed by "technical issues" It's Bethesda's fault for not learning the internal workings od the PS3's memory system. If somebody drove a car without learning how to use it first and then crashed, is it the car manufacturers fault, or the drivers fault?

• 952 posts
    November 9, 2012 6:35 AM EST

I've had it with this, please learn what you are talking about before you complain. All those games aren't Skyrim, all those games don't need to save every little change you made to it during your playthrough, thus all those games aren't extremely memory demanding. Bethesda are the only developers that use this to provide us with the ultimate feeling of freedom when roaming their worlds, and cutting in that and removing that feature so it works on PS3 would be possible, however, that would take away the what they aim to create and thus it would take away the identidy of the game so I completely understand why they take more time to change other aspects to the beating hearth of the game can be remained intact.

You should be thankfull they even try to fix this even though it takes a lot of time and effort, not every developer is willing to do such things, there are lots of example of poor ports to other platforms where there was nothing done to improve the poor conditions.

• 952 posts
    November 9, 2012 6:52 AM EST
    PS, in you car comparison it would be more like this. You buy a car from a manufacturer who promises they make the most powerfull car but when you drive to your farm on the side of a mountain in Austria you notice your car can't get up the mountain. This is a situation where Bethesda has to fix what sony has to do by dumping half of their cargo to get to their farm.
  • November 10, 2012 11:18 AM EST

Pessimism: Never lose. You're either right or pleasantly surprised. anyway, I wouldn't mind if Bethesda actually provided constant communication and information rather than just a few posts on twitter. So much for PS3 DLC.