Forums » The Lounge

Are You Afraid of the Boogeyman?

• 668 posts
    October 8, 2012 1:22 AM EDT

Kyrielle, may I suggest counseling? Seriously though, I've been there. Then you feel all silly in the light of day. I've had too many bad things happen in the daytime to believe the dark is the only time evil lurks, but there is something about the abysmal ink that creeps ya.

• 668 posts
    October 8, 2012 1:32 AM EDT

LOL, Ky! Those are a very specific set of night time rules. I guess your parents had their work cut out for them. Yep, yep. I NEVER let any body part hang off the edge of the bed. That was a death sentence. Everyone knows the bed is a safe zone. If you are in it and under the magic blanket of invincibility then you were cool tho. Although peeking out was sometimes allowed.

I used to be plagued with chronic nightmares every night up until I got married. Once, when I was like 13, I was dreaming that my birth mother, dressed in a black flowing gown, was in some demonic blood-thirsty cult and was chasing me around the outside of our house with a huge butcher knife. I was screaming in my sleep and my (step) Mom came to check on me, touching my forehead. I woke up to find her standing over me in a long flowing black night gown carrying a large silver flashlight. Needless to say it was a long time before I stopped screaming.  

Also I remember seeing this crazy movie when I was very small about a guy that skinned women to keep his mother's corpse fresh. There was something in it about pea soup, choking on it somehow. That movie terrorized my nights for a long time but I don't remember the name.

• 6 posts
    October 10, 2012 7:32 PM EDT

I find it hard to fall asleep with the closet door open,

but when that mother fucker comes out, I will be ready

• 668 posts
    October 11, 2012 11:56 PM EDT

Sleep with a bat?

• 63 posts
    October 13, 2012 2:34 AM EDT

Hmmm. Let's see. Godzilla always lurked outside my bedroom door. Frankenstein's monster, vampires, gremlins, sharks, mothra, carnivorous face eating bioengineered worms. And spiders.

Ah! I almost forgot. The happy said theatre masks when I slept in cousin diane's room as a 7 year old kid on her wall scared the hell out of me.

Nightlights. Definitely nightlights.