Forums » Elder Scrolls

Crouching Tiger, hidden bug?

• 6 posts
    October 1, 2012 7:11 AM EDT

Hi All,

I am having a bit of difficulty with one of my game saves. I currently have two chars I am playing with. I have been playing with one, my lv45 Nord for some time now, but recently loaded up my lv25 khajiit. For some reason my khajiit seems to be stuck in the crouch position. I have tried to stand upright countless times, have gotten myself killed (still remain crouched upon reload). could this be a bug?
    I can not open up other loads states for this char, only have the one.
    I am on the xbox 360, in the middle of the nightingale questline (wearing full nightingale gear)

your responses would be appreciated

Thanks guys 

• 856 posts
    October 1, 2012 8:21 AM EDT

I've had that happen to me a few times.  These actions work for me.  Enter and exit sneak mode - try it a few times, hopefully you'll exit the sneak mode and stand up.  Also try sitting in a chair and then standing up, jumping around sometimes seem to help, too.  Hopefully one of these methods will work for you.  Good Luck.

edit:  clever title btw

• 6 posts
    October 1, 2012 8:25 AM EDT

Thanks. I will try these things next time I get a chance to play.

• 38 posts
    October 1, 2012 8:42 AM EDT

try using something like an alchemy lab too, that affects sneaking

• 6 posts
    October 1, 2012 9:05 AM EDT

Cheers guys. I have tried the naked running, but it was through Whiterun. It was funny, kept wondering what the locals would have been thinking. 'That is one looney cat, must be on a sweetroll moon sugar rush' lol

• 739 posts
    October 1, 2012 9:09 AM EDT

Also a hard (console) reset will usually solve problems like this. Going swimming like ben said would be a good move...