Forums » Elder Scrolls

A Thalmor Renegade?

• 7 posts
    September 30, 2012 10:11 AM EDT

I've been trying to create a back story for a thalmor renegade character and would like some help.

So far: A female Thalmor plans to meet with her partner, at the Talos Shrine in falkreath only to discover that he has been killed. After reading the letter entitled 'Thalmor Orders' she becomes enraged knowing that her partner has been betrayed by Sanyon (the thalmor to whom the orders are addressed) and let down by the leader of the organization to which she has dedicated her life. She seeks revenge.

Obviously this needs to be expanded on and i would seriously appreciate any input. the part I'm having trouble with is why she is captured by the Imperials and why she doesn't speak up about being with the Thalmor to Hadvar when he asks 'You're not with the Thalmor embassy are you high elf?'.

• September 30, 2012 10:14 AM EDT

Elenwen could deny her claim of being with the Thalmor.

• 1913 posts
    September 30, 2012 10:45 AM EDT
    Maybe she no longer considers herself as a thalmor simply because of how she was betrayed by the group she has dedicated her life to
    • 7 posts
    September 30, 2012 10:48 AM EDT

I like this but i need a reason why. i thought maybe some sort of 'undercover' thing but maybe im over complicating things?

• 7 posts
    September 30, 2012 10:49 AM EDT

This wont work because she goes to the shrine in falkreath after she escapes helgen.

• September 30, 2012 10:52 AM EDT

Undercover could work.

• 22 posts
    September 30, 2012 11:00 AM EDT

You could always say that in the throws of anguish she renounced her Thalmor connections, ripped of her Thalmor uniform etc and dawned more humble garb. then when in persecute of her nemesis she stumbled across the imperial ambush and lost track of her target. Now stripped of what belongings she had retained and unwilling to seek help from her former Thalmor brethren she's on her own, only the vengeance in her blood keeping her from ending her own life and rejoining her lover in the afterlife.

or something along those lines... it's just an idea, hope it helps

• 7 posts
    September 30, 2012 11:06 AM EDT

Once I actually start playing the game (leaving helgen) I am going to go to the Talos shrine at Falfreath, Find my dead partner, read the letter 'thalmor orders' and only then will i know of the betrayal etc.

When I am in Helgen I am just a regular Thalmor. There is no anguish because the event has not occurred.

• 22 posts
    September 30, 2012 11:40 AM EDT

of course sorry, I thought the message etc was part of the back story... I agree then that you could be on an undercover mission.

alternatively the partner your meeting could have persuaded you to leave the Thalmor and join him in defending the worship of Talos. That would explain why you dont mention the Thalmor when questioned and again it gives you the freedom (and restrictions) of not having anyone to turn to now for help... except Rolaf or Hadvar of course

• 1913 posts
    September 30, 2012 11:45 AM EDT
    In that case maybe she was ordered to go to skyrim to help quell this whole rebellion and keep the status quo. But she was thought to have betrayed the thalmor so Elenwen decided to kill both you and your partner to ensure complete safety of the aldmerri dominion