Forums » The Lounge

How did you come across the blog?

• August 31, 2012 11:05 PM EDT

So I'm relatively new here, but some people, I'm fairly sure, have been here since its inception. And I've always wondered, how did they find this place? So my question to you all, what is it that brought you here( not what kept you here)? I'll go first; a little after February( not totally sure) I played Skyrim almost non stop, but then I started to get bored, no character could hold my attention. So I was browsing through youtube for some builds, and happened across the paladin build video I've seen so many times in the related vids, but never watched before. So I decided to give it a shot, and it was totally badass, killing like forty vampires at the same time. So I checked some of his other videos, and the one that really caught my was the one listed as Mabrigash, keep in mind, I knew nothing about destruction cloaks, so my mind=blown. So I started actually clicking the links, and eventually started looking at newer stuff around the site. Couple weeks later, I created an account( and maybe a second, try and figure it out mwhaha). By now you've probably figured out it was Ponty's vids that first brought me here. So you can all thank him( or not, depending on your opinion of me :P) for bringing me here. So how did you come across this humble abode( not totally sure what that word means)?
    Thanks should, of course, also go to Paul, for putting together this wonderful, insane blog :P

*Edit: I only just thought if this, if this discussion already exists, feel free to delete this as I haven't actually checked.

• 8 posts
    September 1, 2012 12:00 AM EDT

I have a similar tale. I played Skyrim a bunch when it first came out, leveled through a Pyromancer, a Blade Master, and a Huntress, then at about 200 hours in, stopped for a while. Time passed, and summer came, I've been home-bound with a rather serious illness all summer, so with nothing better to do, I decided to pick up Sskyrim again. I downloaded a bunch of mods, and the ran into the problem. What kind of character was I to make? I decided to search online for builds, and here I found myself. Loving to theorycraft myself, this site was like a goldmine. A couple days latter I decided to join. I've been a member for about two weeks, and here we are. The community is great, but I'm going back to school in a couple days, and that may halt my rampant creativity somewhat. I've made one build every two days, one is Master level (yay!). That's the story.

• 557 posts
    September 1, 2012 12:01 AM EDT

I'm a SkyrimBlog original. I was on the original site, and I was a host on this "new" site. I was active on here up until about January (maybe February?) when I was given a chance to go volunteer around the world (I love to help people, so I took the offer). I came back around early June, and since then I've regained my old Top Member title, and I'm once again a proud Host on this site!

Still glad to be back. I don't know how I went all of that time without it.