Forums » The Lounge

Ah, the Boneheaded, Dumbskull, Stupid things we do!

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:06 AM EDT

Dread, NO!

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:09 AM EDT

Shit, Evil!! Gods that is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't feel so bad about my broken heel bone now. That looks gruesome, and highly painful. Was this recent or do you just have the hideous scar now?  

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:12 AM EDT

"Don't be a dumbass..." words to live by. Why is it so hard to live by them then??? This thread shows that we have all taken a turn doing it, actually I'm sure we've all done it more than once. Sometimes I do wonder if our mitochondria does indeed take over our brains. 

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:16 AM EDT

HAHAHAHA, Ricardo. You mean getting hugely pooped on by that fish was not your stupidest decision so far?! Man, I am enormously impressed with that.

I can still run, you see, being raised by my tyrannical father has given me a high pain threshold and a "suck it up and do it" attitude. So those zombies don't have me yet. I have the stamina, also I can wait until this 100 degree heat and 100% humidity rot their dead asses.

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:17 AM EDT

Ugh, Arike, NO WAY!! How does that happen????? At least you rectified your mistake at your earliest convenience.

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:20 AM EDT

Hmmm, uh, Bum, you MUST be truly hungry to eat poo and say that it was tasty. I am so wowed by that story. Horrified as well, I must admit that. I think 6 or 7 is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to old to be doing that.

• 63 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:34 AM EDT

Hideous!!! Pleaaaase woman. Men do not say hideous. This is a battle scar. A badge of pride. Sniff.

It's from back in 2005 so I'm all healed up. Also, I had no idea I had destroyed my ACL and tore a miniscus until 13 months later. I kept hyper extending my knee playing racketball and I decided maybe I should check it out.

Only cost my insurance company $40.000 to fix it. I was literally in and out of the hospital in like six hours but it took me half a year to regain 95% of my strength back.

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:42 AM EDT

Ooops, sorry, Evil, WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Of course it is your terrifically glamorous and fabulously amazing battle scar.  Uh, sounds like you need to stick to a safer sport anyway, maybe lawn bowling or some shuffleboard.

Raquetball is the devil's game. It's a way for boyfriends to abuse their girlfriends without going to jail. 

• 63 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:48 AM EDT

hahahahahahahahahahahahaqhahahahahahahahahahaklaklahahahahahahjkahajahahahaha

Oh jeez Shannon.

Mmph. Here's a guys perspective.

I tend to be somewhat reticent when playing racket type sports like tennis or racketball with girls. Certainly, there are plenty of women who could kick my amateur ass but there are far more woman who didn't dedicate a big part of their teenage existence to honing their hand/eye coordination.

And I'm competitive and aggressive when I play. I can be the nice boyfriend and be happy about doing so, though playing the game would then be for entirely different (and arguably more important) reasons.

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:59 AM EDT

Hmmm, EvilT, and I quote "entirely different (and arguably more important) reasons." And just what, pray Mathematics, would those reasons be, huh? 

Yeah, see I used to play raquetball of death with my ex who was ultra competitive too and if he wasn't knocking me down he was smacking the crap out of me with that little rubber ball. Tennis you can at least get out of the way of the damn ball if you are paying attention. I beat Matt 8 games out of 10 one day (just the once) in singles tennis and he was surly with me for 2 days over it. Talk about competitive. He beats me all the time and I dont act like such a baby.

• 63 posts
    July 16, 2012 3:07 AM EDT

Now, that does sound like fun. But I'm horrible at tennis compared to racquetball. At a guess, sounds like you can do more than well enough against muscle-mass. How's your service game?

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 3:25 AM EDT

Eh, I'm decent with a racket. Matt was just having a really off day.  Normally I can usually only win about 2 out of 10 against him. I was just playing with a little more skill than him that day. But I am better with a bat than his brother which is embarrassing for the poor guy. He won't play baseball with us anymore.

• 63 posts
    July 16, 2012 3:53 AM EDT

Oh I hate baseball. I can't swing a bat to save my own life. I feel this Matt's brother's ache.

I never grew up with Football or baseball. It was pretty much, soccer, tae-kwon-do, tennis, waterpolo, hap-ki-do

• 98 posts
    July 16, 2012 9:41 AM EDT

The dumbest thing i've done would be jump on a trampoline with about ten of the springs missing. Even as i was jumping some of the springs popped off. i decided to do a flip and landed where the trampoline sould have been and hit my face on the ground. The cold, hard, ground. I broke my nose and was lucky i didnt break my neck.

• 67 posts
    July 16, 2012 1:07 PM EDT

(I think I'm related to him, don't ya think?)

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 8:15 PM EDT

Waterpolo, Evil? I don't think I have ever met a single other person who has played that.

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 8:16 PM EDT

Most certainly. Ew!!! They don't have a green smiley here.

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 8:17 PM EDT

I thought cats always landed on their feet, Nyan. Does that not hold true for Khajiit??

• 98 posts
    July 17, 2012 8:27 AM EDT

Thats what I thought too.