Forums » Elder Scrolls

Pc mods

• 8 posts
    July 12, 2012 12:42 PM EDT
    When u add mods from steam do u find your game kind of choppy and slow. I do and because of that I just went back to Xbox 360
    • 557 posts
    July 12, 2012 12:45 PM EDT

Why is this a blog post? Why not just make it a status?

• 952 posts
    July 12, 2012 4:56 PM EDT
    That really depends on what mod you use, some mods contain just some little things that don't take much to run but others are very demanding for your system. Anyway, I recommand Skyrimnexus as a source for your mods anyway.
    • 8 posts
    July 12, 2012 5:32 PM EDT
    I was thinking that but isn't nexus super hard to get mods onto the game?
    • 952 posts
    July 12, 2012 5:35 PM EDT

Not with Nexus Mod manager, it works for Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. It installs the mods automatically and makes backups from files you overwrite so when you uninstall a mod the files you overwrote from another mod automatically jump back to their original place. It also notifies you when a mod you have downloaded has a new version.

The only difference is that you have to manually keep your mods updated, with the advantage that the Nexus has many times more mods than Steam Workshop.

• 8 posts
    July 12, 2012 6:59 PM EDT
    Ok thnx
    • 377 posts
    July 13, 2012 12:32 PM EDT

Like Dieter said, it really depends on the mod, and how many mods you have, and if any are conflicting. Use the mod manager from Nexus and get your mods from there too.

• 377 posts
    July 13, 2012 12:34 PM EDT

A manual install of a mod isn't that hard either.

• 8 posts
    July 13, 2012 1:30 PM EDT
    Would any one know where I could find a good instructional video for this. It would be very helpful
    • 952 posts
    July 13, 2012 2:14 PM EDT
    I think the creator of the nexus mod manager made a video about it the day they released the first beta version ( it's still a beta so there are still some small bugs ocassionaly). I don't know how to find that video but I'm sure that if you google it or look it up on Youtube you'll find one. It's not that difficult anyway so I don't really think you'll need it.