Forums » The Lounge

First woman in board Facebook

• 162 posts
    June 27, 2012 4:40 AM EDT

This month mrs Sheryl Sandberg has been elected into Facebook's board of directors. 'Till then that board was an excusive men domain, while Facebook's most active users are women. Before she was chief operating officer of Facebook. In this role she turned Facebook from a "fun" organisation into a profitable one. A pity that women organisations has to exert pressure on that election beforehand so giving non arguments the upperhand. Nevertheless no doubts that mrs Sandberg can handle that and will have those nerds under her thumb in no time .

Congratulations mrs Sandberg!

• 668 posts
    June 28, 2012 1:57 AM EDT

Yes, Asverze! First Facebook, next the WHITE HOUSE! Only dear God not Palin.

Ugh, I hate that site! You have people add you from 20 years ago that you are never going to talk to again and you feel guilty for not commenting on their baby pics. What is with all these people hooking up with people they haven't seen for 1/2 a life on there? I know 3 women that have done it. Weird. 

• 162 posts
    June 28, 2012 2:41 AM EDT

I had to laugh on your Facebook comment, could be mine,  though I do like baby pics.

• 668 posts
    June 28, 2012 2:50 AM EDT

LOL, I thought children were little brats that you wanted to shove in your giant oven, Asverze. Or do babies qualify as something different.

Yeah, for me Facebook is lame. My (birth) Mom's family all started adding me. As you know she died when I was 8 and I don't know any of those people. I think, okaaaaaay...but I add them when they request because I feel bad not doing it. At least it helps me stay updated on the latest works by Steve Somers. Actually, that's a lie. He usually e-mails me with pics. Ok, I have no valid excuse for having a Facebook account. But Twitter... it's logo is a bird. I LOVE birds.