Forums » General Gaming

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut DLC

• 708 posts
    June 26, 2012 11:39 PM EDT

The new ending DLC came out earlier today, and I'm very impressed with what's happened. While it still isn't the 'your choices throughout the games will have big impact on ending' thing, it's still infinitely better than the previous ones. Alot more closure at the end, an entire new ending, and more about the Reapers and the Catalyst itself. I played through the Destroy ending and new Reject ending on my full readiness character and was pretty happy. What's your guys thoughts?

Going to do the other two tomorrow or something, might update this with my thoughts of those.

• 15 posts
    June 27, 2012 12:26 AM EDT

Liked all of the new endings.  I know that a lot of people were hoping for something a little nuttier like indoctrination theory but I think these endings would have been very well received if they were in the original content.  

• 708 posts
    June 27, 2012 1:01 AM EDT

Definetely. I thought when I first finished it that it needed a closure/outro slideshow sort of thing like there was in Dragon Age Origins, and that's basically what they've done. And making the bit where your squadmates actually get extracted was good, it always peeved me how Garrus was with my and then suddenly he's on the Normandy.

• 708 posts
    June 28, 2012 10:44 PM EDT

Went through the other endings on my other characters over the last few days, I can say I'm very impressed with what they've done. They make sense now, you get to see consequences of which ending you chose as well as consequences for other events throughout the game (but unfortunately not the whole series, I'm still ok with this).

• 15 posts
    June 28, 2012 10:48 PM EDT

They really did a lot with synthesis.  Was not expecting them to make it a believable option but they pulled it off. Control has a whole new level of epicness to it as well.  

• 377 posts
    June 29, 2012 6:52 AM EDT

It's out now? wow.... umm... I don't know if I'll check it out. Such bad memories and trauma. It's a bad wound and I don't know if I want to take off the bandage. Maybe... eventually. Bioware lost my trust in them as a consumer when they did what they did.

• 57 posts
    June 29, 2012 7:20 AM EDT

I think these "new" endings were satisfying enough. Altough I was hoping that the indoctrination theory is true 

• 708 posts
    June 29, 2012 7:32 AM EDT

I was thinking the same thing (though I really blame EA, they're even going to make the DLC paid in April next year) but it's definetely well worth it. After I went through the ending on my first character I just died to Marauder Shields every time...