Forums » Elder Scrolls

Tamriel selfies gallery :D

    • 147 posts
    August 2, 2017 5:35 PM EDT

    We have to kill that dragon... but first, let me take a selfie!

     

    Inspired by Caladran's recent photo, I decided to post this disscusion and have you post selfies of your Elder Scrolls characters. This works for Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and ESO. The picture has to be taken like a real life selfie, up close, not with the camera ten meters away. Can't way to see your characters! :)

    • 13 posts
    August 2, 2017 6:02 PM EDT

    I guess I'll start then.

    Ciel'nn  Sarion (Legacy) - A Dunmer youngling from Morrowind. He's seeking his cousin who disappeared while he's after some gems and other mysteries. He's also hunted by the Daedra for some reason what he did in his past.

    Rangalen Mistgaze (Legacy) - hailing from Windhelm, a promising young warrior who disagrees his father's and Jarl Ulfric's views. He's set on his own journey to help the commom people while other fights wars and to seek information about Dunmers and other races.

    Sarade Rander "The Falkreath Huntress" (Legacy) - she was born in a hunter family in Falkreath. Her parents were killed during their nightly hunt, and Sarade has set her goal to find the guilty bandits behind her parents' murder. She get to know she's the Dragonborn in her 20th year. Later, she heard from her grandma a tale about Kyneswardens in her family tree and that she's the next one - to protect Skyrim from the falling shadow!

    I'm RPing all three in their own games.

     


    This post was edited by Caladran at August 7, 2017 3:30 PM EDT
    • 392 posts
    August 2, 2017 6:04 PM EDT

    Currently playing a character loosely based on the The Man with No Name, of Clint Eastwood spaghetti western fame. Ordinator build; Alteration, Illusion, and Enchanting; at around level 32 or so. A lot of bounty hunting and mercenary work, although he'll help folk out if he has a mind to (and if it might earn him a fistful of septims (or a few septims more)). Right now he's helping Serana home (after a brief stop at Wolfskull Cave to clear out a bunch of necromancers and Potema devotees).

    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Mer with No Name:


    This post was edited by ShinJin at August 2, 2017 6:08 PM EDT
    • 147 posts
    August 2, 2017 9:08 PM EDT

    He does look a bit like Clint. :)

  • August 2, 2017 10:38 PM EDT

    yep

    • 93 posts
    August 3, 2017 4:03 AM EDT

    Meet Wulf-Blöd, Champion of Hircine and current bearer of the Wolfblood! He's just on his way home after fighting for the Stormcloaks and capturing Solitude, and he's heading back to Heljarchen Hall to meet his beloved wife, Aela the Huntress  - The shitty graphics quality is 'cuz I took this on my crap PC, cause my SE Xbox One can't take screenshots :( - you can read more about him in my build, The Jaegers! 

    (He has a nord name because he was raised by a True Nord!)


    This post was edited by Wulf at August 3, 2017 4:04 AM EDT
    • 1356 posts
    August 3, 2017 5:16 AM EDT

    Great idea, Foxy!

     

    ShinJin said:

    Currently playing a character loosely based on the The Man with No Name, of Clint Eastwood spaghetti western fame. Ordinator build; Alteration, Illusion, and Enchanting; at around level 32 or so. A lot of bounty hunting and mercenary work, although he'll help folk out if he has a mind to (and if it might earn him a fistful of septims (or a few septims more)). Right now he's helping Serana home (after a brief stop at Wolfskull Cave to clear out a bunch of necromancers and Potema devotees).

    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Mer with No Name:

    The Mer with No Name :D This better become a build, Shin.


    This post was edited by Paws at August 3, 2017 5:17 AM EDT
    • 425 posts
    August 3, 2017 2:01 PM EDT

    Paws said:

    ShinJin said:

    Currently playing a character loosely based on the The Man with No Name, of Clint Eastwood spaghetti western fame. Ordinator build; Alteration, Illusion, and Enchanting; at around level 32 or so. A lot of bounty hunting and mercenary work, although he'll help folk out if he has a mind to (and if it might earn him a fistful of septims (or a few septims more)). Right now he's helping Serana home (after a brief stop at Wolfskull Cave to clear out a bunch of necromancers and Potema devotees).

    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Mer with No Name:

     

    The Mer with No Name :D This better become a build, Shin.

    Seconded! This sounds badass, and any build that imitates Preacher needs to be shared.

    • 127 posts
    August 3, 2017 3:49 PM EDT

    One of the few times I deem jumping to medium settings on my craptop worth the screenshot. I had to take this thing in a painful 5 FPS.

    This is Walks-In-Darkness; a former Blade and recently dismissed assassin in the service of the Emperor, as is tradition among his family since the Champion Of Cyrodiil, his great grandfather, pledged himself to the service of Martin Septim. He carries vampiric blood in his veins that's been in his family since the First.


    This post was edited by Ebonslayer at August 3, 2017 3:49 PM EDT
    • 392 posts
    August 3, 2017 6:48 PM EDT

    Paws said:

    Great idea, Foxy!

     

    The Mer with No Name :D This better become a build, Shin.

    It's been fun, but I'll probably need to run a second (maybe third) playthrough to nail down some of the gameplay aspects--Illusion builds are so touch-and-go for me xD


    This post was edited by ShinJin at August 3, 2017 6:50 PM EDT
    • 127 posts
    August 3, 2017 10:59 PM EDT

    This page is taking up all the "Featured Works" spots on the main page.

    • 551 posts
    August 3, 2017 11:02 PM EDT

    That would be my doing. I'm testing out an updated design for the features, and the feature for this thread was the first one I made, so it got to be the guinea pig. I think Ciel'nn looks good up there. 

    • 13 posts
    August 4, 2017 2:53 AM EDT

    It's good to see others' characters, too. :)

     

    Heh heh, Ciel'nn looks good anywhere. xD (Yep, still tired...)

    • 32 posts
    August 4, 2017 1:39 PM EDT

    Here's one of my Argonian characters named Han-Ei / Slays-Many-Elves. He's a 2H warrior and you can guess by his name he does not like the Thalmor. He's wearing custom armour which is found in the add on Falskaar. The other character is my profile photo.

     

    Han-Ei


    This post was edited by Teekus at August 4, 2017 1:42 PM EDT
    • 21 posts
    August 4, 2017 7:20 PM EDT

    Scales-of-Iron in character creation and in his first few minutes of life as he finds himself in the middle of a cold, cold, literally very cold world.....

    • 15 posts
    August 6, 2017 8:22 PM EDT

    Estelle Dubois (a descedant of Antoine Dubois of Dubois and Sons Carpentry) worked as a librarian in Daggerfall, High Rock, assisting the head librarian in cataloguing books, spell books, journals, and letters. Eventually she set out on her own in search of these tomes and writings, often traveling far afield. She ended up in Skyrim where she now acquires books for collectors through buying, selling, trading, searching old ruins, or other means. Estelle's skills as a steath archer as well as being a Master of Illusion aid her in these endeavors. 

    Estelle at home in Vlindrel Hall, Markarth with a portion of her personal book collection:

     

    Although she was accustomed to traveling alone, Estelle was intrigued by a spellsword mercenary at the Retching Netch in Raven Rock, Solstheim claiming that he was the best swordsman in all Morrowind. She wondered about his swords and spells and what other tricks he might have up his sleeve. Needless to say, she didn't pass up on that opportunity and has found him to be worth every coin. Once merely a blade for hire, Teldryn Sero is now a trusted companion of Estelle's and the two are rarely apart.

    Estelle and Teldryn aboard the Northern Maiden arriving in Raven Rock on Solstheim:


    This post was edited by GailOlm at August 6, 2017 10:42 PM EDT
    • 392 posts
    August 6, 2017 10:59 PM EDT

    Okay... Estelle is absolutely BOSS. Love the character concept, and the armor combo is one of my favorites :D


    This post was edited by ShinJin at August 6, 2017 11:00 PM EDT
    • 15 posts
    August 7, 2017 11:15 AM EDT

     

    ShinJin said:

    Okay... Estelle is absolutely BOSS. Love the character concept, and the armor combo is one of my favorites :D

    Thanks, Shin! I'm fairly new to Skyrim and Estelle is my first character. Initially I just jumped into the game with the only role play aspect being Estelle as a bascially moral character. When I started developing her back story, I went with the book theme because I love to read irl as well as the in-game books. She's very loosely patterned after Lara Croft but instead of searching out ancient artifacts, Estelle searches out rare books.

     

    ShinJin said:

    Currently playing a character loosely based on the The Man with No Name, of Clint Eastwood spaghetti western fame. Ordinator build; Alteration, Illusion, and Enchanting; at around level 32 or so. A lot of bounty hunting and mercenary work, although he'll help folk out if he has a mind to (and if it might earn him a fistful of septims (or a few septims more)). Right now he's helping Serana home (after a brief stop at Wolfskull Cave to clear out a bunch of necromancers and Potema devotees).

    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Mer with No Name:

    I love how your character is patterned after The Man with No Name in the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Very creative take on the name! Like the others mentioned, I'm interested in seeing the build you come up with based on this character.  :)

    • 425 posts
    August 7, 2017 12:35 PM EDT

    GailOlm said:

    Estelle Dubois (a descedant of Antoine Dubois of Dubois and Sons Carpentry) worked as a librarian in Daggerfall, High Rock, assisting the head librarian in cataloguing books, spell books, journals, and letters. Eventually she set out on her own in search of these tomes and writings, often traveling far afield. She ended up in Skyrim where she now acquires books for collectors through buying, selling, trading, searching old ruins, or other means. Estelle's skills as a steath archer as well as being a Master of Illusion aid her in these endeavors. 

     

    Although she was accustomed to traveling alone, Estelle was intrigued by a spellsword mercenary at the Retching Netch in Raven Rock, Solstheim claiming that he was the best swordsman in all Morrowind. She wondered about his swords and spells and what other tricks he might have up his sleeve. Needless to say, she didn't pass up on that opportunity and has found him to be worth every coin. Once merely a blade for hire, Teldryn Sero is now a trusted companion of Estelle's and the two are rarely apart.

    I like the story Gail, random lady turned badass assassin is oddly appealing... Although I'm not sure that I can condone the sacrilege that is removing Teldryn's helment, its nice to see the old Dunmer still going on adventurers, and I have to say he does look very dashing in his new gear.

    • 166 posts
    August 7, 2017 1:10 PM EDT

    GailOlm said:

    Estelle Dubois (a descedant of Antoine Dubois of Dubois and Sons Carpentry) worked as a librarian in Daggerfall, High Rock, assisting the head librarian in cataloguing books, spell books, journals, and letters. Eventually she set out on her own in search of these tomes and writings, often traveling far afield. She ended up in Skyrim where she now acquires books for collectors through buying, selling, trading, searching old ruins, or other means. Estelle's skills as a steath archer as well as being a Master of Illusion aid her in these endeavors. 

    Although she was accustomed to traveling alone, Estelle was intrigued by a spellsword mercenary at the Retching Netch in Raven Rock, Solstheim claiming that he was the best swordsman in all Morrowind. She wondered about his swords and spells and what other tricks he might have up his sleeve. Needless to say, she didn't pass up on that opportunity and has found him to be worth every coin. Once merely a blade for hire, Teldryn Sero is now a trusted companion of Estelle's and the two are rarely apart.

    Out of curiosity, is there a reason you went with Dubois instead of Du Bois? Nothing is wrong with using Dubois, it's just the Du Bois is the more common version, and I know where you got the names from because we talked about it in my Breton naming guide.

    • 15 posts
    August 7, 2017 1:29 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    GailOlm said:

    Estelle Dubois (a descedant of Antoine Dubois of Dubois and Sons Carpentry) worked as a librarian in Daggerfall, High Rock, assisting the head librarian in cataloguing books, spell books, journals, and letters. Eventually she set out on her own in search of these tomes and writings, often traveling far afield. She ended up in Skyrim where she now acquires books for collectors through buying, selling, trading, searching old ruins, or other means. Estelle's skills as a steath archer as well as being a Master of Illusion aid her in these endeavors. 

     

    Although she was accustomed to traveling alone, Estelle was intrigued by a spellsword mercenary at the Retching Netch in Raven Rock, Solstheim claiming that he was the best swordsman in all Morrowind. She wondered about his swords and spells and what other tricks he might have up his sleeve. Needless to say, she didn't pass up on that opportunity and has found him to be worth every coin. Once merely a blade for hire, Teldryn Sero is now a trusted companion of Estelle's and the two are rarely apart.

    I like the story Gail, random lady turned badass assassin is oddly appealing... Although I'm not sure that I can condone the sacrilege that is removing Teldryn's helment, its nice to see the old Dunmer still going on adventurers, and I have to say he does look very dashing in his new gear.

    Thanks, Zonnonn! Actually, Estelle is a bascially moral character and so is not an assassin. When not using stealth archery, she resorts to illusion spells to cause her enemies to attack one another (casting the mayhem spell) or to calm them (casting the harmony spell) in order to sneak past them.  In fact, using illusion spells along with sneak enabled Estelle to successfully complete the entire Thieves Guild quest line without killing anyone, with the exception of using archery to kill Draugr and Falmer who she would normally kill in dungeons anyway. In fact, she didn't even directly kill Mercer Frey but instead he was defeated by a Dremora that Estelle summoned using the Sanguine Rose.

    As a female gamer, I must say that I disagree regarding the sacrilege of removing Teldryn's chitin helm -- even though it was specially crafted for him by Grendis Relovo...one of the finest master armorsmiths in Morrowind. With his spiky hairstyle and unique tattoos, Teldryn is just too fine looking to hide behind a helmet. ;)


    This post was edited by GailOlm at August 7, 2017 3:01 PM EDT
    • 15 posts
    August 7, 2017 1:51 PM EDT

    Amadeus the Baptista said:

    GailOlm said:

    Estelle Dubois (a descedant of Antoine Dubois of Dubois and Sons Carpentry) worked as a librarian in Daggerfall, High Rock, assisting the head librarian in cataloguing books, spell books, journals, and letters. Eventually she set out on her own in search of these tomes and writings, often traveling far afield. She ended up in Skyrim where she now acquires books for collectors through buying, selling, trading, searching old ruins, or other means. Estelle's skills as a steath archer as well as being a Master of Illusion aid her in these endeavors. 

    Although she was accustomed to traveling alone, Estelle was intrigued by a spellsword mercenary at the Retching Netch in Raven Rock, Solstheim claiming that he was the best swordsman in all Morrowind. She wondered about his swords and spells and what other tricks he might have up his sleeve. Needless to say, she didn't pass up on that opportunity and has found him to be worth every coin. Once merely a blade for hire, Teldryn Sero is now a trusted companion of Estelle's and the two are rarely apart.

    Out of curiosity, is there a reason you went with Dubois instead of Du Bois? Nothing is wrong with using Dubois, it's just the Du Bois is the more common version, and I know where you got the names from because we talked about it in my Breton naming guide.

    I remember talking with you about this in your Breton naming guide.

     

    Using the UESP Wiki, I found both Dubois and DuBois used in ESO:

    - Lieutenant Dubois, a Breton member of the Daggerfall City Guard

    - Thomase Dubois, a Breton noble who can be found in the castle in Evermore

    - Erisa Dubois, an Orc found in the city of Daggerfall (possibly she was intended to be a Breton)

    - Jenna DuBois, a Breton laborer found in the city of Daggerfall

     

    Using the Elder Scrolls Wikia, I found Dubois used in Oblivion:

    - Antoine Dubois, the owner of Dubois and Sons Carpentry, a Breton carpenter native to High Rock

     

    Ulitmately I decided to go with Dubois because the Oblivion in-game issue of the Black Horse Courier spells it "Dubois" when referring to "Antoine Dubois" and "Dubois and Sons Carpentry." (I checked all three sources listed below to make sure that they were consistent in the spelling.)

    Tragic Accident! Baenlin Dead! (The Imperial Library)

    Tragic Accident! Baenlin Dead! (UESP Wiki)

    Tragic Accident! Baenlin Dead! (Elder Scrolls Wikia)

     

     Btw, I love your naming guides!

     

     


    This post was edited by GailOlm at August 7, 2017 2:23 PM EDT
    • 166 posts
    August 7, 2017 2:33 PM EDT

    GailOlm said:

    Amadeus the Baptista said:

    GailOlm said:

    Estelle Dubois (a descedant of Antoine Dubois of Dubois and Sons Carpentry) worked as a librarian in Daggerfall, High Rock, assisting the head librarian in cataloguing books, spell books, journals, and letters. Eventually she set out on her own in search of these tomes and writings, often traveling far afield. She ended up in Skyrim where she now acquires books for collectors through buying, selling, trading, searching old ruins, or other means. Estelle's skills as a steath archer as well as being a Master of Illusion aid her in these endeavors. 

    Although she was accustomed to traveling alone, Estelle was intrigued by a spellsword mercenary at the Retching Netch in Raven Rock, Solstheim claiming that he was the best swordsman in all Morrowind. She wondered about his swords and spells and what other tricks he might have up his sleeve. Needless to say, she didn't pass up on that opportunity and has found him to be worth every coin. Once merely a blade for hire, Teldryn Sero is now a trusted companion of Estelle's and the two are rarely apart.

    Out of curiosity, is there a reason you went with Dubois instead of Du Bois? Nothing is wrong with using Dubois, it's just the Du Bois is the more common version, and I know where you got the names from because we talked about it in my Breton naming guide.

    I remember talking with you about this in your Breton naming guide.

     

    Using the UESP Wiki, I found both Dubois and DuBois used in ESO:

    - Lieutenant Dubois, a Breton member of the Daggerfall City Guard

    - Thomase Dubois, a Breton noble who can be found in the castle in Evermore

    - Erisa Dubois, an Orc found in the city of Daggerfall (possibly she was intended to be a Breton)

    - Jenna DuBois, a Breton laborer found in the city of Daggerfall

     

    Using the Elder Scrolls Wikia, I found Dubois used in Oblivion:

    - Antoine Dubois, the owner of Dubois and Sons Carpentry, a Breton carpenter native to High Rock

     

    Ulitmately I decided to go with Dubois because the Oblivion in-game issue of the Black Horse Courier spells it "Dubois" when referring to "Antoine Dubois" and "Dubois and Sons Carpentry." (I checked all three sources listed below to make sure that they were consistent in the spelling.)

    Tragic Accident! Baenlin Dead! (The Imperial Library)

    Tragic Accident! Baenlin Dead! (UESP Wiki)

    Tragic Accident! Baenlin Dead! (Elder Scrolls Wikia)

     

     Btw, I love your naming guides!

    Thanks for the sources, though that wasn't needed, lol. That is fine and I have no problem with you choosing Dubois over DuBois/Du Bois I just thought it was odd because I have seen Du Bois in real life more than Dubois. Also, just for a fun fact the name Estelle Dubois means "Star of the forest" in French. :)

    Thank you. :)

    • 15 posts
    August 7, 2017 3:11 PM EDT

    Amadeus said:

    Thanks for the sources, though that wasn't needed, lol. That is fine and I have no problem with you choosing Dubois over DuBois/Du Bois I just thought it was odd because I have seen Du Bois in real life more than Dubois. Also, just for a fun fact the name Estelle Dubois means "Star of the forest" in French. :)

    Thank you. :)

    Well, Estelle did start out as a librarian so naturally she would be inclined to provide sources. ;)

    Thank you for sharing that fun fact regarding the meaning of the name Estelle Dubois. "Star of the forest." I'll have to find a way to weave that into her backstory. :)

    • 166 posts
    August 7, 2017 4:46 PM EDT

    GailOlm said:

    Amadeus said:

    Thanks for the sources, though that wasn't needed, lol. That is fine and I have no problem with you choosing Dubois over DuBois/Du Bois I just thought it was odd because I have seen Du Bois in real life more than Dubois. Also, just for a fun fact the name Estelle Dubois means "Star of the forest" in French. :)

    Thank you. :)

    Well, Estelle did start out as a librarian so naturally she would be inclined to provide sources. ;)

    Thank you for sharing that fun fact regarding the meaning of the name Estelle Dubois. "Star of the forest." I'll have to find a way to weave that into her backstory. :)

    I get it and if you do find a way to weave that into her backstory be sure to let me know because I would love to know how. :)