Forums » Elder Scrolls

I cannot seem to stop deleting my characters in 1 hour of creati

• 1 posts
    May 20, 2012 1:01 PM EDT

I'm getting very agitated with myself, and the sad part is that I cannot stop. I create a character, quest around for a bit and then just decide to start over. I don't get anything done at all, and none of my characters feel like their worth saving Tamriel with anymore. I've done nearly everything in the game and I just get bored of doing the same things again and again. Unfortunately for me, it's not as simple as just stopping myself from deleting a character. I just don't have fun with them anymore.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to stop my predicament? I just don't feel like my characters are worth-it anymore and that's why I just stop. I can't see anything through in the game anymore without getting bored of the character at hand.

• 739 posts
    May 20, 2012 1:06 PM EDT

The answer to all lifes troubles:

CHARACTER BUILDING

• 773 posts
    May 20, 2012 1:11 PM EDT

^ This

Check out some of the quality builds in the Character Building Group. I just started a Mauloch Character and it feels really different to play an Orc Warrior when I'm used to either pure Mages or Stealthy sneak characters.

And welcome to the site Vincent 

• 5 posts
    May 23, 2012 10:03 AM EDT

Hi Vincent,

I think perhaps you just need a break from game and should play something completely different  for a while .  I did that at one time and really enjoyed starting play again.

There's a ton of great Mods out there and ideas in The Skyrim Blog you could try which might spice things up for you.

If your wading through the game to Whiterun every single time you start with a new character that's bound to make you bored stiff before you've even started.  It's really annoying that you have to play Bleakfalls Barrow etc. before you can get dragons in the game and a home to store stuff but you don't have to do that straight away as you probably know.