Forums » General Gaming

Favorite RTS

• 12 posts
    May 16, 2012 3:02 PM EDT

What is your favorite Real -Time Strategy video game? My favorite is American Conquest: Divided nation.

• 952 posts
    May 16, 2012 5:10 PM EDT

Shogun 2 Total War offcourse (Medieval 2 comes second) I can tell you so many reasons but some screenshots say so much more

And remember, if you want to take a better look then click the images for a fullscreen version of them (in HD ofcourse)

• 966 posts
    May 16, 2012 5:14 PM EDT

The best would be Rome TW, Medieval 2 after that, and Empire TW after that.

Rome:

Empire:

Medieval:

• 952 posts
    May 16, 2012 5:25 PM EDT

I never played Rome and Empire, so can't say they're my favourite, altough I do know for sure they're very good. I did play Medieval II (notice I have put a subtle accent to the 2) and it is great, lame you show a pic of a DLC instead of a Venetian army. The city's in Medieval II where way better than in Shogun II, altough in medieval you can't actually use most of the small streets. The battles and campaign map AI are however way better in Shogun II than in Medieval II like it is to be expected and that makes it more difficult to anticipate your enemies move and makes it more fun to me. The battles in Shogun II also play more fluïdly than in Medieval II.

• 13 posts
    May 16, 2012 6:50 PM EDT

Rome Total war, Although lately I have been logging a lot of hours into Shogun 2 and fall of the samurai. Rome 2 definitely needs to be the next Game they make imo.

• 952 posts
    May 16, 2012 6:52 PM EDT

I told the same thing about Rome 2 to Alduin yesterday. They really need to hurry it.

• May 16, 2012 7:38 PM EDT

I'd have to agree, I've played Starcraft 2 and such and I just couldn't get into it despite the fact I like it. This is about Multiplayer of course.

The games are unforgiving to noobs and the community is mostly less than friendly to you if you are one. Despite the fact that I like the games I will probably cease to buy Blizzard's RTS'

I love Shogun 2, it's my first TW game and I finally got it to not crash by putting down the graphics settings (Thanks to Dieter for helping me out on that.) and now I can really enjoy it. It's especially fun when you play with up to 3 people and so far with just Dieter it's been fantastic.

It's easy to grasp and yet pretty challenging. And who doesn't love Samurai, I mean The Last Samurai just happens to be my favorite movie  So yeah, Shogun 2 is definately my favorite RTS.

Sorry Alduin, I am not getting Rome TW Lol, I just got Portal 1 and 2 and I doubt I'll be getting another game for awhile, and the chances that it will be so similiar to Shogun 2 (Which is currently what I am playing with Dieter while also switching off with the Portals) are rather slim. I'd rather get a Fallout or Assassin's Creed game which have been on my list for awhile now.

PS: Dieter... Is that my screenshot on top? It looks exactly like one of the ones I took lol.

• May 16, 2012 7:41 PM EDT

Didn't Shogun 2 just come out a year ago? lol...