Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Routine's of Skyrim

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 4:47 PM EDT

On the back of my struggles playing as an evil stealthy bitch one thing that has puzzled and brought much frustration. On a number of occasions I have attempted to go ultra stealthy scoping out the mark following them noticing their routine. Then finally laying in wait after breaking into their home only to find them walking round their home at 4 in the morning. It's almost like the game has recognised that I'm trying to be extraordinarily nasty. Thoughts......?

• 577 posts
    April 22, 2012 4:56 PM EDT

Thoughts? yeah, that you're creepy just hangin' out in the corner all crouched, stealth style, peering into the minds of the innocence as they're doing their daily routines....lol Me likey

• April 22, 2012 5:01 PM EDT

Yeah, it's hard to sneak around homes even laaaate at night.

I remember my adventure when I snuck into the Battle-Borns home and assassinated them all. (Well, the ones that weren't essential >.>)

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 5:03 PM EDT

Exactly and its not like these guys are upto anything exciting its a long stride away from big brother lol It just left me a bit disappointed 

• April 22, 2012 5:03 PM EDT

The Nords of Skyrim are night owls. More so than owls. Wow.

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 5:11 PM EDT

Lol Ive found I have more luck going in during the day if Im stealing. If Im after the homeowner I have found its best to approach the house at night rather than waiting in the home. More often than not if I enter from outside they are tucked up in bed.

• 577 posts
    April 22, 2012 5:12 PM EDT

I recall when I was first playing, I would be sneaking in homes and when the NPC would say "hey, you're not suppose to be in here!" it startled the hell out me and I'd panic and ice him/her right away. lol I thought "well, I'm spotted. Got to kill before she calls the guards" Of course after realizing you didn't need to do that, I would just leave or continue sneaking around lootin, etc. I believe there's a time window before it's considered a trespassing crime.

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 5:32 PM EDT

Thats exactly why i tried to do the ultra stealthy thing to put a bit more suspense and difficulty in it.

• 140 posts
    April 22, 2012 7:16 PM EDT

So, on this evil playthrough, have you been in jail a lot?  I have not done this sort of thing so I really have no idea what to expect...and I would have expected people to be asleep at 4am SST (Skyrim Standard Time).

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 7:20 PM EDT

No I try not to set off the alarms but if I do I run and head for water and escape. I did go to jail one time for the jailbreak achievement.

• 140 posts
    April 22, 2012 7:24 PM EDT

You are making it sound like too much fun!  

• 133 posts
    April 22, 2012 7:33 PM EDT

I have the same problem. Fortunately I developed my stealth and ilusion to the max. I carry a dagger in a hand and an invisibility spell in the other, I open the door while holding the invisibility and, after the loading of the interior, I just set the spell immediately, so I'm never caught. I just love to be invisible - too bad laws of phisics in this dumb world don't allow for this! If I could I would be stealth all the time and.... oops, I said too much.

• April 22, 2012 7:42 PM EDT

I feel you.

• April 22, 2012 7:43 PM EDT

Lol, I think everyone has wished they could turn invisible at least once in their life.

• 668 posts
    April 23, 2012 6:11 PM EDT

I know, right! There is an inordinate amount of people walking around at 4 am in Skyrim. I tried and tried to do that stupid quest where I slipped into the Battle-born house and finally was like WhatEVS!! I had to give up. Someone was ALWAYS awake in there. Also, I have tried to pick-pocket some people sleeping and they always wake up. Grrrrrrrr! Skyrim needs some Somenol.