Forums » General Gaming

Diablo III

• 577 posts
    April 22, 2012 8:49 AM EDT

I don't play on PC, but just curious on if any of you have been playing the beta this weekend and want to give some thoughts on how it is. I know there's alot of hype for it and I'm always interested about all platforms of gaming and peoples experience.

• 577 posts
    April 22, 2012 11:29 AM EDT

How come you PCer's aren't chiming in on this? I was to believe this was the cat's meow and that everyone has been waiting for years to arrive?

*excuse my "cat's meow"..it's the first thing that came to mind. I'm not from the 50's

• 773 posts
    April 22, 2012 12:57 PM EDT

Not for me Tyg, I've never seen the attraction for Diablo. It just seems like a repetitive 'hack and slash' action game with a few role playing touches

I think I'll pass 

• 77 posts
    April 22, 2012 5:19 PM EDT

Diablo 3 is a master piece. The DRM is a pain, but the game itself is awesome. Very satisfying combat. If Torchlight 2 is even 1% as good it will be worthwhile.

@ Paul, well, it is. That's the point. It is a hack n slash, it's not an rpg. The only choices you make are skill related.

• 773 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:43 PM EDT

This has actually been released (its been talked about for so long I expected it would never see the light of day)

Anyone playing it? Planning to get it?

• 739 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:54 PM EDT

Ive played both diablo 1 & 2, they are absolutely excellent games! They are simple in there own strange way yet devastatingly addictive! Definitely worth a look!

The selling point on Diablo games is that the system randomises the world map whenever you start a new game, this means that you never actually play the same level twice. (Although it may seem like that after 10000 restarts)

• 577 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:59 PM EDT

There hasn't been any real 'reviews' yet since everyone got it at the same time (except the beta, whatever) I've watched some people 'live' playing and MMO's just crack me up! lol Not sure I get'em. All I'm seeing is about 12 people just sitting back throwing shit at a foe over and over and over again, rinse, repeat. Seems very redundant. I don't know, I'm not making fun of it, but just find it silly and mindless. Just looks like a huge food fight!! LOL

• 739 posts
    May 17, 2012 7:11 PM EDT

Thats exactly what it is Ty, its just spam spam spam! Live or die!

Still, its a fine series if you just play in single player though.

If you go on Battlenet your bound to find idiots, Diablo games feature 'god' items that only spawn once every 10,000 kills. So basically the longer you play the more chance you have of finding them and your character starts to shine. These 'god' items often come in sets of 4 or 6 and if you wear all these items at once it gives your character further powers.

Its the baddest sort of addiction.

• 773 posts
    May 18, 2012 2:36 AM EDT

See, I wouldn't really be looking to buy Diablo 3 for the multiplayer - just for the single player campaign.

The question is whether it stands up as a stand-alone first player game thats worth the investment? I notice its pretty expensive as well 

• May 18, 2012 10:31 AM EDT

Well, the 'Single Player Campaign' is exactly the same as Multiplayer.

You just play with other people.

The best thing is to find friends to play it with and have a private game cause playing with other people is one of the biggest parts of Diablo (Unless for some reason they changed that which I HIGHLY doubt). So I wouldn't get it unless you can find a few people to play with who are decent, the whole group thing is kind of what's it about or at least in my opinion.

• 739 posts
    May 18, 2012 10:38 AM EDT

I haven't played Diablo 3 yet, but if its anything like the previous titles it will be a great single player experience as well. I think it will sit nicely in the charts for a while Paul, no point in rushing to buy it (especially if your unsure if it suits you). Wait for it to drop in price and then pick it up for a bargain!

• 77 posts
    May 20, 2012 9:02 AM EDT

Been playing the single player for a while. None of my friends are that into the action RPG genre, so I haven't been able to play multiplayer yet :/ Forget joining a public game, you never know who you end up with.

• 27 posts
    May 21, 2012 2:49 AM EDT
    Well i had it on preorder but i was broke when i fame out so i didn't get it and still dont have it.....may not get it.....im needing something new untell DLC comes out for Skyrim......iv dont just about all there is to do.....i have all the Achievements and im getting a bet burnt out i just wanted to have something tide me over untell then.....
    • 60 posts
    May 24, 2012 9:51 PM EDT

Diablo 3 has a good STORYLINE, but actual gameplay, it feels too arcadish.

Runescape plays much, much better than Diablo 3..........

Diablo 2 was much funner. And better to play. Diablo 3 took away from the Diablo Lore, if you played the first two, this third one screws up the base storyline.

• Con
    • 41 posts
    May 25, 2012 9:04 PM EDT

I just got D3 and am not that impressed. Skyrim is a much better game.

1) Most combat seems to be bad guys ambushing you as you walk down narrow corridors or open fields.

2) My character moves so slowly and doesn't respond immediately to the stop key.

3) The game is small. In Skyrim we have almost unrestricted access to the whole world.

• 773 posts
    May 27, 2012 9:19 AM EDT
    Thanks jc

I'm thinking this is a game I'd be looking at when it goes budget. I mean, it's not going to go away anytime soon is it?
    • 297 posts
    May 27, 2012 10:23 AM EDT
    I have heard from a few reviews that it isnt quite living up too the immense hype they piled on this game,
    i have no real input as i havent played it i played diablo 2 a long time ago and it was ok nothing i would be too engrossed in just not my style i guess,
    has everyone here been really happy with it or are there some who have issues/complaints about the game