Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim Vocations

• 41 posts
    April 7, 2012 11:11 AM EDT

I was thinking the other day and I thought it would be cool if you had the choice of what you wanted to be in skyrim. I mean like jobs, so you could become a blacksmith or a chef instead of just a warrior or assassin. I think it would add a lot to the game and I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were.

• 9 posts
    April 7, 2012 11:15 AM EDT

yeah you kind of can in your own way, but i suppose i know what ya mean... skills and missions..... i wish i had it on PC as I'm sure someone has done a chef,hunter or blacksmith career mod

:d  nice thought! how would you want it to work?

• 577 posts
    April 7, 2012 12:33 PM EDT

I would like to be a tour guide for hunting expoditions. Whether it be to kill animals, dragrs, undead, etc. Not so much 'man' hunting like the Forsworn, but enemies that everyone dislikes. Travel on carriage to different holds for all the different prey. Of course talk about the landscapes, ruins and their lore. Camp outside or if your expodition pays a little more, stay at the inns and hear stories about the hunt from the locals. Seperate each kind(s) of expoditions; Magic and all the different kinds, destruction, etc.  Onehanded, Two-handed and of course Archery.....Keep them all seperate. You can't have one guy shootin ice spikes while the other has a two-handed warhamer.....

Alright, I've gotten too deep! lol I'll stop......

Yeah, that's what my occupation/vocation would be. "Hunting Guide: The Skyrim Experience"

• 18 posts
    April 7, 2012 1:38 PM EDT

I would probably be an apocetharist. That would be a nice life

• April 7, 2012 1:40 PM EDT

I'd be sorta like what Tygravius said, except instead of hunting down creatures, I think I'd take people on expeditions to see the wonders of the world of Skyrim: taking paying people into dungeons, through groves, caves, giant camps, etc. I'm sure people would pay to have a tour from an experienced adventurer who actually knows what shes doing. They can't see it themselves because they don't know what they're up against! My skills would come in handy, picking locks, protecting the group from enemies that await, getting into the lore and history of each place.

Of course I'm asking for a lot, I know. Just thinking out loud. I'm still fine with Skyrim the way it is!!

• 41 posts
    April 7, 2012 4:30 PM EDT

I'd like to be able to have my own shop, or maybe a travelling merchant and have people come and place orders or ask for things, not just sell everything to other vendors

• 41 posts
    April 7, 2012 4:30 PM EDT

yeah, just wandering in the forest looking for stuff, peaceful

• 41 posts
    April 7, 2012 4:31 PM EDT

yeah I love Skyrim completely, but sometimes I just get bored of exploring and killing stuff.

• 41 posts
    April 7, 2012 4:32 PM EDT

wow....

• 708 posts
    April 7, 2012 6:11 PM EDT

I think I'd be a guard. Maybe I used to be an adventurer, and then....

Just kidding, I'd probably be some sort of mage or scholar. Maybe a Sybille Stentor-esque mage that talks down to all those mundane Nords.