Forums » General Gaming

Prey 2... Cancelled?!

• March 23, 2012 8:47 PM EDT

Well, I was just looking at my IGoogle page and look what I found

Prey 2 reportedly canceled

Nooooooooooooo!

That SUCKS! I was so excited for that game. A first person Bethesda shooter with futuristic open-world! And now it seems they have cancelled it. It doesn't seem to be completely known if it has but it sounds like it is. That really sucks, one thing though I don't get is that they had a gameplay demo of it, the had convincing and cool gameplay in the game but still they scrapped it? It seemed pretty close to done. It says Bethesda just cancelled their plans for showing the game off at some thing.

I'm hoping to god that this is just because it isn't ready and these 'reliable sources' are unreliable

What are your thoughts on these unfortunate turn of events? Will the promising shooter really go down? And by a company like Bethesda that obviously has enough money to support it?

Besides, what else are they going to make? They just made some FO games, and they JUST made Skyrim. They haven't even gave out DLC for Skyrim. Don't they only make 1 game per console generation for ES? What about FO? It seems like this Prey 2 would be a great in-between project.

• 29 posts
    March 24, 2012 7:36 PM EDT

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW IT SUCKS it does suck the game looked absolutely AMAZING but as jcalberta said it does come down to money i guess we will find out soon whats going on but if it does get cancelled i just hope some other company buys off the rights and continues the game

• March 24, 2012 7:40 PM EDT

The only thing is that if someone buys it off it's most likely going to lose all or most of Bethesda's magic. That was one of the best things. This was BETHESDA doing an open world game.

Not many other companies are going to do the same awesomeness as they could.

• 577 posts
    March 24, 2012 10:21 PM EDT

From my understanding Bethesda Studios didn't design it, they're just publishing it. Kinda like RAGE, Brink and Wet. Big difference. I'm sure Bethesda's having problems with Human Heads Studio. Maybe deadlines aren't being met, etc. so Bethesda's like "screw these guys" sort of thing. Prey2 will probably be out on a different publisher. It's all politics I'm sure, hence Bethesda's not saying anything do to lawyers and shit.

I could be wrong, but that's just what I've gathered. I also was keeping an eye out on this game and looking forward to it! It will probably be pushed back 6months to a year now.

• 577 posts
    April 19, 2012 10:23 AM EDT

I knew it.....Bethesda wasn't happy with how progress was going.

http://kotaku.com/5903393/prey-2-isnt-cancelled-but-its-delayed

• 54 posts
    April 19, 2012 4:57 PM EDT
    • 297 posts
    April 19, 2012 5:01 PM EDT

i think it was put on the shelf rather than binned altogether the game was pretty much finished

• 54 posts
    April 19, 2012 5:07 PM EDT

....just delayed