Forums » Elder Scrolls

Where do you live?

• 3 posts
    September 13, 2015 11:25 AM EDT

Hey guys and girls, 

I was thinking about it yesterday and depending on what kind of build I'm doing, I always find a free place to live with non re-settable storage or at least i go back to it so it doesn't. If I'm playing a Dwemer build, I stay in the House of Horrors. If it's a Vampire, I stay in Broken Fang Cave.

So I'm curious. Where have you guys lived? What's a good place to live with decent storage. 

Leave a response with your favorite place to live, favorite radiant location to move in to, or any recommendations you have.

• 37 posts
    September 13, 2015 3:37 PM EDT

My Arrowsworn stayed at the Alchemists' Shack near Haemar's Shame between Falkreath and The Rift for a long time until he married Sylgja and lived at her place in Shor's Stone.

My Stormcloak Archer just crashed at her cousin, Uthgerd's house in Whiterun. (Just get her as a follower and take her house key.)

• 134 posts
    September 13, 2015 5:14 PM EDT

With my seclusive characters I tend to stay in Blackreach, either in the Tower of Mzark (so if the cavern collapses it won't be on my head) or in Sinderion's Field Lab - there's a decent amount of storage and crafting for such an isolated place, and it's pretty cozy if you ignore the corpse. 

Not trying to self-advertise here, but if you're looking for new places to stay you could check out my unconventional player housing guide for some simple comparisons, or the wiki if you prefer.

• 3 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:23 PM EDT

It's okay dude, I self promote all the time haha :). 

I love it dude that's exactly what I was looking for!

THANK YOU!

(selfpromo)http://www.soundcloud.com/djfanthom

• 98 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:40 PM EDT

With my more fancy characters/scholars it's Proudspire Manor most of the times. I once had a Vampire who lived in the Abandoned House in Markarth though. That was eerie as hell. I'm currently running Paul England's Elf Hewer, and I plan on finally using the Heartfire DLC and build my own house. Not sure where I will settle yet though. Gotta make the cash first, lol.

• 98 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:44 PM EDT

I forgot to give a like to that guide of yours when I saw it some time ago. Good job on that mate.

• 694 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:45 PM EDT

I gave this a shout out the other day in Veloth's thread! Really well done, dude. 

• 95 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:54 PM EDT

My problem with Proudspire, and all the houses really, was that they felt too cold. Like, yeah Skyrim is cold, but that's allt he more reason to keep the houses warm. Oblivion houses felt really welcoming. Especially Rosenthorn Hall, that was done perfectly.

• 224 posts
    September 14, 2015 3:49 AM EDT

To live in Tamriel, On Skyrim I would live in Riften I really like that brown forest, I think would be a really nice place to live and a good place for do whatever you which, because is a distant town, also If you are a bad character like a thief or a thug you would feel really comfortable there , on Cyrodiil I would like to live in the Merchant District of the Imperial City, also in Chorrol or Bruma, I'm one of Cities, or big towns, but also If I had to live outdoors I choose the forests of Cyrodiil, I really like all that open wide forests, would be really nice playing as a survivalists on the Cyrodiil forests, because are rich places you only should have to collect the raw material, maybe build a house in a tree, would be really cool, or take by your own a goblin cave, or assault some lost traveler.
    But If you refer of an specific place, I would live here in the Dwemer quarium xP,  this is a mod;http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14122/? 

• 134 posts
    September 14, 2015 10:39 AM EDT

Thanks, everyone!