Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls VI: Dominion

• 207 posts
    August 3, 2015 5:43 AM EDT

My idea is that maybe the next tes could play in the provinces belonging to the dominion (Summerset, Valenwood, Elseweyr). it would be roughly 1,5 time the size of Skyrim.You could wander beetween Valenwood and Elseweyr by foot (Would be interesting if they minimize loading screens like they said about FO4). And use a ship like the northmaid in Skyrim to go to Summerset. Maybe you wouldn't be able to enter Summerset until a certain point in the Main Quest. Depending on the Distance beetween Valenwood and Summerset you could might even swim there.

I think that would be pretty interesting after skyrim where there was a strong anti-altmer atmosphere.

What do you think of this idea?

• 411 posts
    August 3, 2015 5:47 AM EDT
    I hope bethesda does that
    • 207 posts
    August 3, 2015 6:27 PM EDT

Is it allowed to bumb your own non-character build discussions?

• 13 posts
    August 3, 2015 6:42 PM EDT

I'm not entirely sure, but yea I really enjoy this idea mainly for the reason that Elsweyr would be amazing to explore and see. I really hope Bethesda decide to do that although maybe all three provinces would be too much..? Possibly start with one or two and add the rest via DLC

• 207 posts
    August 3, 2015 6:47 PM EDT

Thought bout that too. But What would you call a game featuring only valenwood and elseweyr for example? Valenweyr? Elsewood? I think i once read in a discussion about setting the next tes in valenwood and elseweyr, i just came up with the idea because the name sounds cool.

• 641 posts
    August 3, 2015 6:50 PM EDT

Not sure I would want Beth to just blow there load on all these places in one game. I mean where could they go after this? I'd rather have a game dedicated to each province. 

• 207 posts
    August 3, 2015 6:59 PM EDT

I can understand your viewpoint.

But we still have akavir. And wouldn't you think only elseweyr /valenwood/summerset would be to small? Its only half the size of skyrim.

Oh and Beth could revisit the provinces from the old games. Morrowind/Cyrodiil in better graphics would be cool. And players who played the old games could get nostalgic and think of the things that have changed.

At first I thought you woud argue what the main quest should be. Because Valenwood has the Wild Hunt, Elseweyr has the Mane and i bet Summerset also has interesting lore.

• 641 posts
    August 3, 2015 7:16 PM EDT

I don't think Beth will ever take the risk of setting a game fully in Akavir, I mean to do it properly they would need to have all new playable races and I just can't see them do it.

Ah size isn't really a problem when it's actually in game, the devs can adjust the scale so it would feel just as big.

You're right that all these places\races do have great lore but that's also the problem. I want to see these culture get fully fleshed out and in depth like they normally would and having a game with a bunch of places would just dilute it all, the devs wouldn't be able to put as much effort in to one culture.

Personally I want a game in Elsweyr set during the Void Nights.  

• 207 posts
    August 3, 2015 7:24 PM EDT

Yeah, to be honest the idea of new playable races (especially akavirs really, really exotic inhabitants) is kinda weird.

I'm not fond of the thought that the devs just fiddle with the scale. I think i once read that Beth tries to have a pretty constant scale beetween their games.

That was what i was talking of. I think its hard to decide the mainquest when you have three provinces with rich lore.

• 2 posts
    August 5, 2015 5:43 AM EDT

maybe Elder Scrolls: Dominion

• 2 posts
    August 5, 2015 5:45 AM EDT

I strongly believe akavir will show up in a DLC rather than a full game, either for Elder Scrolls six or the next instalment

• 207 posts
    August 8, 2015 2:55 PM EDT

Another thing that could support this is the following.

Thanks to the Lore Group i know that there was a pretty anti empire atmosphere in Morrowind. The following game is set in the empires capital province. In Skyrim there is an anti thalmor atmosphere. So the next game might be set in the Dominion. Or at least in summerset.