Forums » Elder Scrolls

I didn't know where to ask this so...

• Ike
    • 1 posts
    July 26, 2015 11:20 AM EDT
    I'm going to get to started with the Sapiarch for my upcoming play through. The problem is that since I play Skyrim on the Xbox 360 it is fairly tedious to get started with alchemy for me. If you guys have any methods for leveling it I'd like to hear what you have to say.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 26, 2015 12:18 PM EDT

The more valuable the potion, the more experience you get for making it.

Blue Mountain Flower, Blue Butterfly Wing, and any number of ingredients too long for me to remember effectively since I haven't played in months. Those first two are a base potion, but you need a third to make it exceptionally good. Wheat or Giant's Toe are pretty good.

Paralyze (the round swamp fungus, Canis Root) potions are good too, and Slow (Salt, Deathbell).

• 585 posts
    July 26, 2015 2:52 PM EDT
    Using fortify alchemy gear increases the potency of potions, so it in creases the value of the potions made, levelling you quicker.

As Tom said, Giants Toe is very good for health potions, using it in a potion results in 5.9 times more so gained, due to its potency.

Questions such as this should be asked in the Tips and Tricks section of the site FYI.
    • 1467 posts
    July 26, 2015 5:17 PM EDT

Hey Ike, as people said this would go in the Tips and Tricks Group (more specifically the Questions/Requests Thread.) In the future just check out the Where do I post stuff page which gives a general rundown of where everything goes. Because this is in the wrong spot I'm going to delete it within either 24 hours or by the time you comment on it next.

• 268 posts
    July 27, 2015 4:28 AM EDT
    Salmon Roe + any other waterbreathing ingredient. You can find six chicken eggs in Riverwood (3 in Hod and Gurder's, 1 in their chicken nest and 2 in Faendal's) which I always combine with Salmon Roe as a good kick starter for Alchemy. Histcarp also work, as do Nordic Barnacles (a load of these can be found in the wreck near the Lady Stone). Salmon Roe can only be harvested from leaping Salmon (like the ones at the waterfall on the way to Whiterun).