Forums » Elder Scrolls

Mad Moments in Skyrim

• 394 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT

What are some of your most memorable mad moments while playing Skyrim?

For instance, I recently went into Faendal's house - to take all his stuff, of course - and it was possessed! The left wall was missing, & part of the floor underneath it, except the rug. Instead there was only blue sky. Step on it & you fell a long way, only to reappear inside the house in the same place. Stuff from the shelves was continuously falling from the sky down to the ground, like rain. You could still grab the odd thing or 2 if were quick. Mad!

Other times I've seen flying mammoths & have been able to walk through solid rock!

When has Skyrim gone crazy for you?

• 694 posts
    June 4, 2015 10:35 AM EDT

Hah! Wow, I've never fallen through the map that badly before. I have seen the flying mammoth though. A giant threw his club down on a mammoth he was herding and it shot into the sky and fell to the ground dead. It was the first time I saw a giant OR a mammoth so it set some pretty weird expectations for me. I've also had similar "leapfrog" glitches pretty regularly while waiting. Particularly outside of Bits n' Pieces, usually at night. I stand with my back to the door and "wait" for an hour or two, and the guards will hop into the sky and over each other after I've finished waiting.

My favorite though happened once when I had Vilkas was following me. His mouth just hung completely open all the time. I would engage him in dialogue and he would talk normally but then his mouth would just hang open again like a mouth breathing dummy. It was actually pretty entertaining because it wasn't nearly bad enough to be game breaking or anything like that, just really funny. Once I dismissed him he went back to breathing normally.

You can chalk it up to glitches... or Sheogorath. 

• 394 posts
    June 4, 2015 1:54 PM EDT

Haha, brilliant! Shame though, in a way: for me my 1st sighting of mammoths was a real "wow" moment, like that scene in Jurassic Park. My flying mammoths just picked themselves up, moved though the air & plonked themselves down on a different part of the landscape. 

I'd love to see Vilkas like that! It does sound like something Sheogorath might do though :)