Forums » General Gaming

Fallout 3

• 2 posts
    March 3, 2012 3:41 PM EST

Should I get Fallout 3? If so, what should I do in it? And what's the best DLC? Best build? Etc, etc. Anything helps!

• 238 posts
    March 3, 2012 4:00 PM EST

NO ONE BETTER TO ASK THAN ME  haha i spent literally around 700hours on that game loved it......yes i recommend............., BUT! dont be expecting the same level as skyrim. fallout is on a level inbetween oblivion and skyrim, graphic combat and gaming wise in my opinion. 

but, if your into a good lllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooong exploration , deep game. then it is an absolute MUST!

I played it back when it was out and was liekwhat the f**k is this! but i got captured and i hold it up as the best experience i have ever had with a game. 

if your going to get it, make sure you play fully committed and leave lots of free time to do so. best game ever for me, and one of the best ever for others. il never forget some of the journeys and findings in this huuuge game. its waay bigger than skyrim. the combat and graphics are the only flaws but there are updates. the one annoying thing about it is for some reason you dont look down through the guns cross hairs........compared to fallout new vegas where you do.

the best dlc is a toughie. the pit was good, eary and ominous environment, lots to do, theres an area in the pitt where you have to collect certain things and there are some very unique creepy enemies you will see there, worth it to unlock a cool weapon. (avoiding spoilers) 

dlc broken steel was ok....i enjoyed it the least but im nearly sure its a must because it increases the level cap.

i enjoyed point lookout the most because it offers a new open map on a deserted island with some really cool characters to meet greet and ....destroy. lots of fun with it. reminded me of a movie but not sure what.

this game ............if you like bethesda games.......is a MUST! but it wont be what you expect, if you try it and you arent convinced...........just trust me on this...........give it time. because i did and it was the most rewarding experience i have EVER had with a game. the amount of stuff in this game is unreal. from weapons to characters, locations to clothing and armour. unreal.

• March 3, 2012 4:03 PM EST
    Fallout 3 was very nice game. I have completed main quest and all DLCs. IMO you should put all the poits to, medicine, explosives, sciense and your choices of weapon (big guns , small guns or energy weps.) Speech skill also proves useful skill. Hmm.. my favorite DLC.. i can tell the worst was The Pitt imo. But the best was Broken Steel absolutely.
    • 773 posts
    March 3, 2012 4:08 PM EST

I thought Fallout  was certainly a very good game. Not incredible, but definitely worth playing.

As for DLC you might as well pick up the Game of the Year edition and get all the DLC. At the budget prices that you can get, there's really no good reason to buy anything else.

Regarding 'builds'. well, when the game first came out I had been playing an archer in Oblivion, so I went for the Fallout nearest equivalent which was a 'Sniper'. Adding the perk for a stealthy but deadly shot meant that I had a LOT of fun taking out targets from distance.

• 133 posts
    March 3, 2012 4:12 PM EST

Definitely. It's one of the best Bethesda games and, in some aspects, it's even superior to Skyrim.  But be aware that if you buy the PC version, you will find it very dificcult to play on a multicore processor PC with Windows Seven OS. The game is incompatible with this features and Bethesda is not doing anything to solve this problem. I played F3 on PS3 (replayed 4 times) and, in order to play DLC contents bought the PC version. Played very well on my old single core Windows Vista PC. But when I bought a supposedly better machine I was surprised the game became unplayable. So take care.