Forums » Elder Scrolls

Argonians in Elder Scrolls VI: Let's make a wishlist

• 773 posts
    May 7, 2015 10:40 AM EDT

Ok, so Elder Scrolls VI will eventually arrive. Who knows when - but it WILL come...

And its nailed on that we will get the usual races (at the very least), which means Argonians will be in the game, whether its in Black Marsh or not (see other thread).

But how can Bethesda improve, enhance and tweak Argonians for Elder Scrolls VI. What should Argonians have - both in terms of appearance, racial powers, attributes, whatever...

Let's help Bethesda out by compiling our 'wish list' for Argonians in Elder Scrolls VI.

• 739 posts
    May 7, 2015 11:14 AM EDT

This one is actually pretty tough...

My old complaint was having to cast Water Breathing but they fixed that one.

Argonians are now really well balanced in stats and are also one of the best looking races IMO...

Didn't Argonians used to have a unique swimming animation in previous games? Maybe they could work on that..........maybe also provide a decent speed boost when underwater, they should be better than other races at swimming.

I'd also like to see more underwater opportunities in ES6, Morrowind was teaming with massive sunk area's where you really did need water breathing to survive whereas it's now a pretty redundant spell/ability in Skyrim.

I also liked my Argonians to be poison resistant, I think that suited them..........but that's probably asking too much.

• 201 posts
    May 7, 2015 11:15 AM EDT
    Well for one they should make us armor to where it doesn't clip with the tail, same with Khajiit. They should put tail holes in the armor. Put more skin tones and eyes.
    Also make more Argonian Npc's because I hate being the odd one out. Add Race style Armors, like Bosmer armer and Highelf armor along with argonian armor. Maybe make the introduction match with the race, Like pick which backstory you want and show why that person got kicked out, or left. Just putting my two sense in.
    • 10 posts
    May 7, 2015 11:16 AM EDT
    Argonian when the enter battle make a noise. Racial abilities immune to poison, can spread a specific poison that affects all enemies around and water breathing. In terms of appearance more reptilian that's it.
    • 490 posts
    May 7, 2015 11:18 AM EDT

I think WHEREVER the setting is, we need more underwater environments. A few hidden chests here and there or a waterfall cave every once in awhile ain't gonna cut it Bethesda. Water environments are some of the coolest places to explore to me. There is (except when you have waterbreathing lol) that element of danger that goes along with it.

Is that treasure worth you possibly dying a horrible drowning death...? I always say yes lol.

• 773 posts
    May 7, 2015 11:44 AM EDT

A couple of suggestions... Someone suggested a 'bite attack' on another thread. How about a 'bite attack' that is similar to the Khajiit claw attack, to make unarmed Argonians a little more viable?

The other thing I'd like to see is to have specific body meshes for Argonians (and Khajiits too for that matter). That way, they could give Argonians the digitigrade legs that they had in Morrowind. Perhaps to make it a bit more interesting, it could come with some sort of bonus (or penalty?) to stamina.

Proper body meshes would also get rid of the 'tails clipping through armour' issue.

• 773 posts
    May 7, 2015 11:45 AM EDT

And also, before anyone else mentions it, I will mention spears.

An Argonian with his spear is a fearsome sight!

• 207 posts
    May 7, 2015 12:06 PM EDT

if the skill boosts are still a thing in ESVI Argonians should get other skill boosts then lockpicking and pickpocketing. Cause these are thief skills and i think of argonians more as absolutely badass and suited for everything assassins and mages. And Warriors. But when i think of them thief is not the word coming to mind. They should get sneak, light armor, alchemy, illusion, restoration and alteration as skill boosts.

Also it would be cool if enemy npcs could drown. And if you are able to pull them under water with an argonian.

• 490 posts
    May 7, 2015 12:11 PM EDT

Yes, I agree. Spears should be included.

RIP Dragoon.

• 490 posts
    May 7, 2015 12:35 PM EDT

I am hoping to see some insight or reveal of some of the sub-races of the beast races. Argonians have been described in many ways and I would love to see some of the detailed sub-types at least within an interaction standpoint. I am not expecting to see all the character creation options of choosing to be a Cathay-Raht over something else and so on ... Although that would be crazy cool.

As discussed in another post, it would be cool to have some race specific locations. I think Ben C brought this up too. Have some areas where Argonians could only enter, or to appease the masses, have areas where they could enter a lot easier and other races would need to quest or get help.

• 168 posts
    May 7, 2015 1:02 PM EDT

Digitigrade are anthros that don't have human-like feet, such as the Argonians and Khajiits from Morrowind while plantigrade are anthros that have human-like feet such as the Argonians and Khajiits from Oblivion, Skyrim and ESO.

• 168 posts
    May 7, 2015 1:08 PM EDT

I wish they could make the Argonians more good-looking. The Argonians from Skyrim are more attractive than the ones from ESO, but it is just personal taste.

• 32 posts
    May 7, 2015 2:03 PM EDT

My main problem with Skyrim was that some of the outfits/ armor looked really odd & awkward on the beast races especially. A cat or lizard (no offense) should NOT wear a damn Helmet...!! Come on...

I would like to see seperate outfits for the beast races only, which can be worn only if you start as one.
    That would really be awesome...maybe with enchantments like enhanced senses for Khajit (Predator Vision)...or camouflage (Read Chameleon) for Argonians instead of Sneak...

• 68 posts
    May 7, 2015 2:34 PM EDT
    I have to agree with almost everybody else. The clipping problem needs fixed. I'm not talking about with just the beast races either. There are way to many clipping issues in Skyrim and I for one don't understand how it was never addressed and resolved with any updates. As far as specifics with Argonians I would like to see some of the subraces be player custom options. They could do the birth signs again and based on the sign chosen you get this type of Argonian. This would add a whole new depth to player customization and could make for some interesting builds here in the build group.
    • 739 posts
    May 7, 2015 2:48 PM EDT

I actually think they did pretty well, in Morrowind (I'm saying that alot this week) the beast races couldn't wear most helms or boots because of the 'i've just shat myself' animation.........the result is that nobody wanted to play them as much because you ended up wearing only half a set of armor...

...this obviously left you with much less defense/enchantments and an incomplete looking character.

In Skyrim at least they made an effort to create headgear that would mold into an argonain shape when it was equipped...

"A cat or lizard should NOT wear a damn Helmet...!!"

?

Dude c'mon, they aren't primitive races. They know that wearing some kind of helmet is going to protect them from a mace.

• 739 posts
    May 7, 2015 2:52 PM EDT

I think they look awesome!

The reflective glow mapping they added to the skin/scales of argonians in Skyrim was a major step up! I'd say they put more effort into argonians than any other race...

• 1 posts
    May 7, 2015 3:13 PM EDT
    Allowing argonians the ability to attack while under water so that way water breathing can be used offensively instead of somewhere to hide in combat
    • 367 posts
    May 7, 2015 3:21 PM EDT

Spears... Argonians should have spears.

What would also be nice is having a choice of tails. All you need to do is look at the many types of dinosaur tails there are. Some could have a club like tip while others could have a few bone spikes in them. Even if its just the look of it and not used in combat. Although having a 'Tail Swipe' would be rather cool.

• 32 posts
    May 7, 2015 3:25 PM EDT

"A cat or lizard should NOT wear a damn Helmet...!!"  

Did not mean that with respect to their race, just that whenever  I play Khajit or Argo, I always use hoods or nothing at all...look more intimidating like that...

I dont know it's just the look that spoils it. 

• 557 posts
    May 7, 2015 3:32 PM EDT

There aren't many things that I hope for aside from what we already have. Let's see....

• Custom skeletons. I would LOVE to see Argonian skeletons in-game. There's already a fantastic mod that adds these in for us, but to have them in the vanilla game would be great.
    • Special armor. I really want to see armor that's designed specifically for Argonians. A tail slot and some headgear that actually fits would be a welcome addition to the TES series! 
    • Jel. Can we PLEASE just see some more Jel?! It would really help me piece together more of their culture if I actually knew how they speak! 
    • 622 posts
    May 7, 2015 7:30 PM EDT

Unique swimming animations!

Helmets that don't cut my face off!

More scale tones!

More underwater areas to explore!

More horns like from ESO!

FINS!

Better skill boosts!

SPEARS!