Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most Powerful Player Character

• 47 posts
    January 30, 2015 8:08 AM EST

In all the Elder Scrolls games you end up becoming pretty powerful by the end of the game. So I always wondered: Who is the most powerful player character in all the Elder Scrolls games? My top 3 are as followed:

1: The Nerevarine

Out of all the player characters this character is the oldest due to him being still alive. Thus he has more combat/real life experience from over 200 years of life. He even killed Gods (false gods but whatever)

2: Hero Of Kvatch

He is the 2nd most powerful in my opinion. Tho this opinion is mostly from him mantling Sheogorath and becoming an immortal all powerful daedric prince.

3: The Last Dragonborn

He is third on my list. He does not have as much experience as the other 2 and when it comes to long life he has a normal human life span (I'm going by the Nord Last Dragonborn from the trailers) Tho he is still powerful due to beating a world ending God Twice. (Is Alduin a God?  I guess if the tribunal is considered "gods" then Alduin would also be considered a "god")

• 47 posts
    January 30, 2015 8:18 AM EST

I'm talking about lore and legend (kinda obvious with me talking about the Hero of Kvatch becoming sheogorath, the Nerevarine being alive still today aka not aging, and the dragonborn being a nord)

• 1467 posts
    January 30, 2015 8:35 AM EST
    Hey Darth Bane if this is a Lore Discussion I think it might be better suited to, well the Lore Group. I have to ask you to see about moving it over there, in the long run it'll help you more anyway if you're looking for an answer or discussion on the matter.
    • 47 posts
    January 30, 2015 8:45 AM EST

Its not really a "Lore" question. Its a question asking which player everyone thinks is the strongest. I just used lore for MY decision. This question is completely opinion based. So if someone thinks the dragonborn is strongest because he's a Nord and they think Elves and Imperials are milk drinkers then they have every right to say so because its their OPINION.

• 1467 posts
    January 30, 2015 8:47 AM EST
    Ah okay, I got confused by your mentioning of Lore and Legend above.
    • 1467 posts
    January 30, 2015 8:58 AM EST
    I'll drop my opinion down, from strongest to weakest.

1: The Hero of Kvatch
    "Why him first . Well it's simple the Hero (this is confirmed as canon) is just as old as the Nerevaribe but he is a Daedric Prince. This is beyond anything that the Nerevaribe or Dragonborn can claim and let's not forget he actually defeated a Daedric Prince, in one-on-one combat. A Daedric Prince is beyond the Tribunal, especially one as reportedly powerful as Jygglag (the other Daedra actually banished him, sort of because he was so powerful) add on the events of completely destroying several Oblivion Gates and killing Mankar Cameron in a realm the later created and you get an immensly powerful being"

2: The Dragonborn
    "Alright so yes the Nerevarine is older (and technically we don't know if he's alive at the moment) but the Dragonborn has mastered the Thu'um which is insanely powerful if the game is to be believed. The Nerevarine is powerful yes but he cannot control a Dragon nor can be summon Storms with his voice and Breath Fire or Ice. Also Alduin is considered a God, which other God did the Dragonborn defeat, I must have missed that happening."

3: The Nerevarine
    "Oh no he might not be the strongest. Honestly you have to consider the fact that all he really did was defeat Almalexia. Azura's helped him deal with what's his name Dagoth Ur and well I guess the whole Bloodmoon expansion should be counted as well. Honestly I might put him equal to the Dragonborn if it wasn't for Bend Will, that allows the Dragonborn to control the minds of any living creature, truly a powerful shout."
    • 47 posts
    January 30, 2015 9:13 AM EST

He defeats Alduin twice.

• 1467 posts
    January 30, 2015 9:17 AM EST
    I guess, I always counted the Death Blow as defeating them, Alduin just retreated the first time.
    • 1467 posts
    January 30, 2015 9:24 AM EST
    I don't know honestly. Jyggalag is considered one of the most powerful Daedric Prince and I just can't see Alduin beating Mehrunes Dagon.
    I consider Alduin a threat to the mortal races but the Daedra sort of scoff at him, I mean he didn't really do much except raise some dragons and burned down Helgan. Don at least managed to completely destroy a city and threaten several provinces at the same time
    • 1467 posts
    January 30, 2015 9:37 AM EST
    Aye, I reckon the three are roughly the same power level in the end. The three heroes that is.
    • 116 posts
    February 1, 2015 7:32 PM EST
    Cyrus from ES adventures: Redguard. The dude killed a powerful dragon (who at one point was possibly one of Alduins soilders) and by the end of the game acquired a powerful enchanted sword that had a mind of its own (the soul of the prince guy) and could move and kill on its own.
    Seeing that there was nothing "special" about Cyrus, he wasn't dragonborn or a Daedric prince or anything, just a average Redguard. Maybe he doesn't have that kind of advantage and possibly wouldn't be able to survive a fight with the likes of a Dragonborn. But he was a cunning individual and accomplished many great things in his own storyline.

Is ES adventures: Redguard considered canon? I'm not exactly sure on that.
  • February 1, 2015 11:34 PM EST

I had a character in Oblivion with such a high armor rating and enough reflect damage enchantments that he could just stand there until enemies killed themselves.

Another one had 100% chameleon and was pretty much invincible because of it.

I just started playing Morrowind, and none of my Skyrim characters have been that overpoweredand I've not payed any of the others, so I'm going with The Hero of Kvatch