Forums » Elder Scrolls

Frustration Builds......I can't do anything

• 238 posts
    February 22, 2012 6:36 PM EST

Having put 300hours into the game iv done and explored alot and thoroughly enjoyed it. best game iv played possibly next to fallout 3. but its left me annoyed in many ways. my charac ters been through so much and is level 66. i wish i could continue with certain things. eg.

the stones of barenziah..........i have 23/24 and cannot for the life of me find the last one........so..........i cheated....i looked up the locations out of desperation and have exact guide.....going through all locations....i STILL cannot find it, it isnt there anywhere the elder scroll wiki tells me.

second....the priest masks.................i have all 8...i go t get the 9th and the wooden mask is not there........i may have picked it up somewhere in my 300 hour journey....again, it is nowhere to be found in my breeze home proudspire manor or honeyside houses. frig!

third......i cannot visit markarth without getting raped by guards.......anyone remember in markarth when u were framed for murder and went to the mine...you got the shiv there............yea well been there done that but the guards still come at me no matter what, i try to allow them to take me to jail......it just doesnt do anythin....i offer to pay...nothing.....you would think this affects my chances of getting two of the stones in this city but no i am master sneaky ;)........also when i allow them to take me to the mine to resolve their annoy arrest attempt....i get there, and no one is there...the mine is empty due to my last visit ....and of course....there is NO way out..............god damn this games flaws

• 739 posts
    February 22, 2012 6:52 PM EST

FRUSTRATION BUILDS......I  CANT DO ANYTHING!

Yes you can, you can start a new character.

• 238 posts
    February 22, 2012 7:10 PM EST

i dont want to start a new charaacter........feels like everything i went through with this one will be pointless

• 426 posts
    February 22, 2012 7:15 PM EST

Not at all trust me choosing a different character and roleplaying it will produce a different experience thats the beauty of Skyrim.

• 739 posts
    February 22, 2012 7:56 PM EST

Yeah if you have only played as one character you cant possibly have experienced all the perk combinations... Lvl 66, so you have only utilised 65 of the 251 available perks in the game.

Seems like someone else has tried to create a character that does all the quests/factions. This is the path to boredom...

• 10 posts
    February 22, 2012 8:25 PM EST

I agree start a new game and try something new. Or you can load back a couple of levels and try something else other then your doing know. :)

• 577 posts
    February 22, 2012 8:48 PM EST

I feel your frustration. I myself have one character that has gone through everything and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I love the guy. Been through alot with him. Did all the guilds, factions, daedric quest, etc. The "looked down upon" Jack of all traits. But the thing is, he doesn't "know" everything, he's just "done" everything. I've made another character, HighElf mage, but just to screw around with (magic sucks with xbox. no hot keys)

I understand that you have been with this guy for 300hrs and want to clean up the loose ends. I totally agree. I'm doing the same with my boy. It's pointless to start a new character just get that last gem or wooden mask. You want HIM to have them.

• 38 posts
    February 22, 2012 9:25 PM EST

Another option that really helped me, I spent about 75 hours with my very first character and didn't use much magic so I decided to save my character to come back to and start over and over and over and over.  I never really found another character I really enjoyed and got bored with the beginning.  So I decided to take a break. I got Arkham City for christmas and I have almost beaten everything in it twice.  I have recently made my return to Skyrim and started a new character.  Haven't started over yet and i am a day in.

*knock on wood*

Perhaps you just need a small break from the game.  Go play Arkham or Assassins Creed or some sort of straight forward game that doesn't require a lot of thinking. You will come back to this game refreshed and ready to take on Skyrim again

• 29 posts
    February 22, 2012 9:44 PM EST

Stone:  Have you checked in the Thalmor Embassy?
    Priest mask:  you probably sold it or something.  maybe a companion picked it up and died?
    Markarth:  Wait a few days?   

• 238 posts
    February 23, 2012 6:29 AM EST

i remember that there are non in the thalmor embassy. 
    mask...noway....because i remember lifting it and thinking this will be important in future...just its description - makes strange humming noise i knew there was more to this mask. i remember putting it away in chests but its been so long i cant trace my steps. oh well .

markarth iv waited/ played on for aboutmonths of in game time. no changes. i am now treating markarth as my slavery/kill/ happy hunting grounds for my evilish dunmer, seems logical lol

• 23 posts
    February 23, 2012 7:29 AM EST

Now I don't know if you're on PC or not, or whether you consider mods "cheating", but there is this mod that shows the location of all the Stones:-

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9385

It is also available from the Steam Workshop.

I installed it and it revitalized a bored character for me.

• 577 posts
    February 23, 2012 8:51 AM EST

Naw, there is one in the Embassy.

I'm sure you have seen. I'm still missing about 4. The thing is, I don't really know which ones.

http://youtu.be/sGOXYRlDD64

• 14 posts
    February 23, 2012 1:32 PM EST

I believe the markarth bug was fixed in the latest patch.  I know starting a new character can suck but you will forget about how much it sucks when you start playing it.  If you don't want to I would suggest playing a different game for awhile then.  Battlefield 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations are my other go to games.  Battlefield 3 is a fun easy multiplayer and Assassins Creed has a pretty exciting multiplayer, especially if you've never tried it.  Meaning it has a fun learning process and is rewarding.