Forums » Elder Scrolls

lazy unique armor.thanks bethesda

• June 26, 2014 9:58 PM EDT

Now before we get into it,I love bethesda as much as the next person.but you gotta admit that most of the unique armor isn't unique.I'm talking about enchantments and the armor styles.a big example is the dragon priest masks.those enchantments are not godly

• June 27, 2014 1:43 AM EDT

Sorry not godly but the dragon priest masks are suppose to bend will and all this other stuff.and their enchantments are to low,I mean,come on,the vampire royal armor is better than morokei

• 622 posts
    June 27, 2014 2:08 AM EDT

The Dragon Priest masks are not meant to bend the will of others, they were simply masks high-ranking priest wore during the time the dragons ruled over.

• June 27, 2014 2:32 AM EDT

It said it grants them enchantments at are godly are something. I know this because it says on the loading screen and because it says that somewhere on the game,and this isn't just on the dragon priest mask nor was this disscussion a arguement.

• June 27, 2014 2:48 AM EDT

Sorry,there we go powerfull.the dragon priest masks are not powerfull.my Interpertation of powerfull is probally different but to me their not powerfull if they can be beaten.

• 622 posts
    June 27, 2014 3:03 AM EDT
    By that logic, there should only be a few unique items, because you are saying there's no point to a unique item if its enchantment quality can be beaten.

The Dragon Priest Masks CAN be powerful if used right. They are the most diverse item in the game and on master difficulty, getting them can be challenging!
  • June 27, 2014 3:10 AM EDT

That's a great point,I only play on apprentice I think is what it is called.never thought of it that way.

• 3 posts
    June 27, 2014 6:52 AM EDT

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Secrets_of_Ragnvald

This suggests that Otar was corrupted by 'dark voices,' changing Otar from a 'good' to a 'craven priest.' Possibly this is linked to the effect of the mask? Maybe the masks, considered 'gifts' by common understanding, were a method the dragons used to corrupt and control the priests? We know that they were mostly peaceful to their subjects, and then became more cruel, so it could be suggested that the masks had something to do with it, no?

More a role-playing thing than anything in terms of game physics though, obviously. 

• June 27, 2014 8:13 AM EDT

Don't forget that it is still a game and therefore needs to be balanced. There is no point in having "godly" artifacts (gameplay-wise) because they will destroy the fun. I agree that some of the uniques have enchantments you can find on leveled loot but do not forget the sheer number of artifacts with really unique effects e.g. Dawnbreaker, Wabbajack or Konahrik (which is a really unique dragon priest mask)

• 856 posts
    June 27, 2014 8:42 AM EDT

It has been millennia, perhaps the dragon priests' masks powers have diminished.

• 167 posts
    June 27, 2014 9:16 AM EDT

Artifacts that are both difficult to obtain as well as being some of the few items in-game with up to three powerful enchantments. That's not even mentioning that most can look damn awesome when applied to the right armor combo.

• June 27, 2014 10:47 AM EDT

Well,my thinking would be that they put fewer unique items but made them more unique so that they looked different and the enchantments were powerfull and maybe they would be harder to get.

• June 27, 2014 10:50 AM EDT

Those are the three of my examples of great unique items.they all look different,their enchantment is unbeatable,they are at least tricky to get and they are so worth it.

• 1441 posts
    June 27, 2014 10:59 AM EDT
    I hate the look of the Dark Brotherhood armor, Oblivion and Morrowind versions looked better.
  • June 27, 2014 11:05 AM EDT

That's what I'm thinking and I miss the robes you get at the end of oblivion elder scrolls