Forums » Elder Scrolls

Cheap archery sound effect

• 5 posts
    February 10, 2012 9:05 AM EST

Doe anyone else think that the stealth damage arrow attack sound effect is funny rather than deadly sounding?

It sounds like your foe's been hit over the head with a frying-pan.  I was in Broken Oar Grotto picking off robbers and I could hardly shoot straight at one point for a giggle attack.  Another thing, no matter what armour I'm wearing it sounds to me like I'm leaping about in rubber boots.

• 856 posts
    February 28, 2012 12:10 PM EST

Sounds of Skyrim is a mod project on steam to help with the sound effects.  Currently it consists of two mods (dungeons and wilderness).  It doesn't address the problems that you've mentioned (at least not yet - we can hope); but when you're underneath a wooden roof and hear raindrops hitting, it really helps with the immersion.

• 952 posts
    February 28, 2012 2:51 PM EST

What also annoyed me was the incredible loud noise I heard everytime I did a sneak attack on someone. Since I played an assassin style character I heard it all the time and it made me mad. Eventually I modded a mod so this noise was gone and I was happy again. Bethesda shoudn't have created that noise.

• Con
    • 41 posts
    March 2, 2012 8:34 PM EST

You have to realise that those sounds are provided as feed back to the player. I like the satisfying sound of an arrow taking down an enemy with a sneak arrow hit.

• 12 posts
    March 2, 2012 8:46 PM EST

Another thing is when you draw back the arrow and sheath it right away it still makes the sound of drawing back the bow string. Just something they could touch up.

• 66 posts
    March 3, 2012 12:24 AM EST

The most satisfying sound in all of Tamriel... Coupled with watching a body fall off a lofty structure such as Valtheim towers...

• 12 posts
    March 3, 2012 12:49 AM EST

One of the most satisfying sounds after the sound of leveling up.