Forums » Elder Scrolls

HELP : Anyone Good With Mods?

• 14 posts
    March 11, 2014 6:36 AM EDT

Here's my load order according to BOSS. I fixed all the error yet I Still CTD

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
    • Update.esm Active
      • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
      • Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
    • Dawnguard.esm Active
      • Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
    • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
    • HearthFires.esm Active
      • Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
    • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
    • Dragonborn.esm Active
      • Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
    • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
      • Note: If you using version 2.0 of the unofficial patches but you see this message you need to download this file: userlist.txt. After the download you need to copy this file to your 'BOSS\Skyrim\' folder or add the contents of this file to an already existing userlist.txt. Just ignore this message after updating any preexisting userlist.txt or copying the file to your 'BOSS\Skyrim\' folder.
    • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Active
      • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}
    • HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
    • HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
    • HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
    • Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp Active
    • ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp Active
    • Immersive Battles.esp Active
    • Immersive Brigands.esp Active
    • Immersive Dawnguard.esp Active
      • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
    • Immersive Dragonborn.esp Active
    • Immersive Factions.esp Active
    • Immersive Mercenaries.esp Active
    • Immersive Patrols.esp Active
    • Immersive Patrols Merged All.esp Active
      • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {BASH: Relev}
    • Immersive Travelers.esp Active
    • Immersive Werewolves.esp Active
    • SkyUI.esp Active
    • Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
      • Error: SPIKE.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it.
    • Immersive Weapons.esp Active
    • Requiem.esp Active
      • Note: Requiem makes a LOT of changes. You may want to consider creating and using a Userlist based on your particular mod loadout.
    • Requiem - Hard Times.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Patrols Merged All.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Factions.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Dragonborn.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Dawnguard.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Battles.esp Active
    • Requiem - Dragonborn.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Armors.esp Active
    • Requiem - HearthFires.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Werewolves.esp Active
    • Requiem - USKP Patch.esp Active
    • Requiem - SIC Patch.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Weapons.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Brigands.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Mercenaries.esp Active
    • Requiem - Immersive Patrols.esp Active
    • Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp Active
      • Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.

• 622 posts
    March 11, 2014 6:54 AM EDT

Do you have TEs5Edit? I use that to find conflicts or missing masters. Google how to use it

• 40 posts
    March 11, 2014 8:02 AM EDT

I agree with Tae-Rai. I am no mod expert so you might also want to check out the mod section.

I would clean those dirty edits up. I had to make my game run smooth, otherwise I was having all kinds of issues. You need to download TEs5Edit. You can google it. It is not hard to use just have to read about it. Once I cleaned up my dirty edits, I had no more problems.

Another thing you can try is taking all your mods out and putting them back in one at a time to see where your problem lies.

• 2 posts
    March 11, 2014 8:38 AM EDT

It can indeed be quite frustrating(CTD's, game freezes) and what not.  This is a good site that will help you understand what needs to be done in TES5Edit to clean those mods out:

http://www.skyrim-beautification-project.com/cleaning/index.htm

• 622 posts
    March 11, 2014 9:04 AM EDT
    I wouldn't recommend checking your mods that way, it can cause some bad problems with scrips... And it doesn't always reveal or fix the problem
    • 708 posts
    March 11, 2014 9:04 AM EDT

Error: SPIKE.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it.

Maybe look in to that? If I recall correctly, that plugin is part of Guard Dialogue Overhaul.

• 2 posts
    March 11, 2014 9:06 AM EDT

That it is.

• 75 posts
    March 11, 2014 9:09 AM EDT

You rather need SPIKE.esm or its caused by something else. What version is Immersive Armors and Guard Dialogue Overhaul, as both of them use to require SPIKE.esm.

• 14 posts
    March 11, 2014 3:34 PM EDT

Thank you so much all! I will Definitely clean my dirty edits! however, I got the dialogue overhaul for guards and still no Spike, so Im quite confused!

• 1483 posts
    March 11, 2014 3:41 PM EDT

Check the "Immersive" mods for Spike.esm. Guard Dialogue Overhaul should use it too, according to this thread: Skyrim Technical Support - Spike.ESM.

You may also want to check out this mod: Requiem - Guard Dialogue Overhaul Patch

Speaking of which, in the comment section of that mod there is some interesting information. Apparently "the new GDO version only removed the provided SPIKE.esm because Immersive Armors doesn't use that anymore.". Maybe installing the latest versions of the mods might help?

• 14 posts
    March 11, 2014 3:46 PM EDT

Getting The Requiem Patch Now, and just got SPIKE! I cleaned my files, and it still managed to ctd. hopefully now it wont with the GDO patch

• 14 posts
    March 11, 2014 4:08 PM EDT

I quit. I cleaned Everything that was supposed to be. Followed all directions. Put them all in order. And yet still CTD instantly.

• 1483 posts
    March 11, 2014 4:10 PM EDT

The game is closed from the menu, not when you load the game, correct?

• 338 posts
    March 11, 2014 4:15 PM EDT

How many mods are you using? Are a lot of them big filesizes? There is a point where you have so many that you exceed the amount of data the game is allowed to use, and it will CTD no matter how many patches or clean edits you have.

• 14 posts
    March 11, 2014 4:41 PM EDT
    Yep. I load up using skse, emblem pops up for a second then crashes
    • 14 posts
    March 11, 2014 4:42 PM EDT
    Not many. Used to have almost 300. Now I'm trying to run maybe 5-7 large ones and 20-30 smaller
    • 338 posts
    March 11, 2014 4:44 PM EDT

For every mod besides the Requiem ones on this list, I have used them all together and they have worked fine (this is without BOSS - I do the sorting manually for fun, and I never used a Bashed Patch).

Try removing requiem and see if it works, and if it does, you will know what the problem is. 

• 1483 posts
    March 11, 2014 4:46 PM EDT

I agree with Saryn, try to remove the Requiem and see if it works. Also, the problem may be due to another mod, not listed on this list. CTD from menu is from missing master files, there is something like that going on. Also, BOSS sometimes sorts the mods wrong, puts the plugin above the master file and it crashes

• 14 posts
    March 11, 2014 4:49 PM EDT
    I use to use skyre ! And ace ! Lol with no problem. Guess Requiem doesn't want me ! Haha :(
    • 622 posts
    March 11, 2014 4:59 PM EDT
    Did you rub TES5Edit like I suggested? That will tell you instantly what mod is causing the CTD.
    • 75 posts
    March 12, 2014 7:35 PM EDT

Also don't clean Guard Dialogue Overhaul, the new Immersive Armors (v7) and GDO no longer require SPIKE.esm. Like Tae said getting TESV Edit will tell you what is causing you to crash.