Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who's the best wife or husband in Skyrim?

• 6 posts
    January 31, 2014 9:54 AM EST

In my personal opinion the best wife is serrana and husband would be Facars.

• January 31, 2014 10:50 AM EST

Who is this Facars you speak of? I think you mean "Proof-reading" ;)

• 41 posts
    January 31, 2014 11:30 AM EST
    Wait you can marry Serrana how? I never was able to
  • Jen
    • 88 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:40 PM EST

There are a couple of mods that allow you to marry Serana, but if you are on console, or don't use mods, you can't marry her. 

• 194 posts
    January 31, 2014 12:48 PM EST

Farkas? Facars... Farkas?

Since Serana can't be married, my favorite is Sylgja. Her story and the fact that you meet her parents and help them makes it extra special.

I don't know the male NPCs too well, but either Roggi Knot-Beard or Scouts-Many-Marshes. As you can see, I like me some minor characters.

• 6 posts
    January 31, 2014 2:24 PM EST

Farkas my phone auto corrected and Sylgja is a good one. My second favorite is Aela.

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    January 31, 2014 4:16 PM EST

One of my female werewolves married Aela, and it actually destroyed my game. When she complained about me moving her to Lakeview Manor it seemed so out of character that I couldn't stand it. I like Farkas the best, for my Argonian and Khajiit characters I like Scouts-Many-Marshes. Aela has been my only female choice, so not sure about other female options. But Sylgja does seem like a good pick.

• 194 posts
    January 31, 2014 5:26 PM EST

Out of character? A member of the circle complaining about leaving Jorvaskr?

• 12 posts
    January 31, 2014 5:33 PM EST

For me it has to be Muiri, something about marrying someone who had you kill their ex spouse, then killing the emperors cousins wife to get her proper wedding garments just says 'everlasting'. haha. Or ysolda, she doesn't have annoying dialog, so long as you can accept her underground trading habits. 

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2014 5:41 PM EST
    She complains about living in Whiterun too... Pretty much the only place she doesn't complain about is solitude...
  • Jen
    • 88 posts
    January 31, 2014 5:54 PM EST

If she actually complained about leaving Jorrvaskr, sure......she complains about wolf and bear attacks...and that's just ridiculous for obvious reasons.

• 104 posts
    January 31, 2014 10:21 PM EST
    I've never been married... Forever alone. :(

Who is a good wifey? For dialogue? Merchant?
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    January 31, 2014 11:12 PM EST

You want to marry a character that you can kill. In case you want a divorce.

• 104 posts
    January 31, 2014 11:15 PM EST
    Lol. No lawyers in Skyrim?
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    January 31, 2014 11:17 PM EST

They were untragically killed off almost immediately after coming into existence. These are nords, not Bretons.

• 93 posts
    February 1, 2014 2:45 PM EST

I have a soft spot for Sylgja, although I just wish I could remove her picaxe. I would probably marry Muiri on my more morally ambiguous runs, but her dialogue glitchy thing sounds irritating, so I haven't tried. 

• 194 posts
    February 1, 2014 3:09 PM EST

I like her clothes and pickaxe. It's her roots.

• 93 posts
    February 1, 2014 3:35 PM EST

I agree about her clothes- I like them. And that's a very fair point! Now that you put it that way, I almost feel bad for complaining about them!  

• 6 posts
    February 4, 2014 2:21 PM EST

It comes to show there are alot of good wives in skyrim but what about husbands?