Forums » The Lounge

Group Photo : Final Version Posted

• 426 posts
    January 22, 2012 4:54 PM EST

Final Version now posted no doubt you saw on the front page woop woop :)

I've had an Idea for a group photo of the members of the blog. I want to see if you guy's think it will be viable and if there is a decent number up for it.

What I was thinking was that we chose a good spot in skyrim for a pic and then each take a screen shot positioned in the same way then place our character of choice in different places in shot so we can collect them together and cut paste everyone onto the same picture.

A) Is this possible or too much like hard work

B) How many people are up for it?

C) Wheres the best place to take the pic?

This is just an idea at the moment so would really like to see what people think.

So it looks like this is happening some further instruction from the man with a plan Ponty.

Alright I've just started work on it. First I took a screenshot of the Bleak Falls wall:

Then, I traveled to Shearpoint. On the little hill opposite the wall I got this shot of Elnieros:

The lighting conditions match those in the Barrow - it was taken on a clear day at 5:30pm. The white background makes it easy to cut him out of the picture.

As you can see. Now with a bit of editing I've got him into the original pic and it looks great.

Looking good huh? All you need to do is post a screenshot/photo on here of your character under similar lighting conditions. If you're on PC you can use the TM command to remove the crosshair and on console you'll have to keep your weapons sheathed otherwise the crosshair will be over your character.

• 739 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:24 PM EST

Its not big enough mate! Ive tried doing it! The image only contains around 10 pixels!

• 426 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:25 PM EST

Excellent idea but i dont have a memory stick 

• 739 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:28 PM EST

This is the problem us console users are going to have!

• 577 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:30 PM EST

Hi Larz!

• 426 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:35 PM EST

Ah yeah thats crud might have to try the save option george put on the table. Nice work though mason cheers.

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:36 PM EST

Yep, that should be fine. I'll work on it after I finish Aedric's next chapter.

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:37 PM EST

It's more of a 1-person job, it'd be annoying having to throw files around everywhere because all anyone else would be able to do is cut people out.

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:38 PM EST

Your character will need to be around 500 pixels high otherwise I'll have to stretch it and that might be bad

• 739 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:42 PM EST

The save file doesnt work! The image is even lower res than the one above! (ps3)

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:43 PM EST

I reckon I can fit about 8 people in the front row, more if I put some behind. If we can't get everyone in people with stealthy characters can go into sneak mode and sit in front

• 739 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:46 PM EST

Here's a save file icon, much to small.

• 739 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:49 PM EST

@Ponty

You could also have the stealth type characters in sneak mode crouched at the front! Kind of like a school picture! Hehe!

• 426 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:50 PM EST

I tell you what ponty I'd be dangerous with a brain my camera was set to 320 x 260 lol which would be best 1600 x 1200 or 1280 x 960?

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:56 PM EST

1600 is probably best, shrinking the image can get rid of some of the bad quality from taking a photo of your tv

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2012 3:58 PM EST

"Reply by Ponty 14 minutes ago

I reckon I can fit about 8 people in the front row, more if I put some behind. If we can't get everyone in people with stealthy characters can go into sneak mode and sit in front"

Silly Mason

• 426 posts
    January 23, 2012 4:18 PM EST

Take 2 lol hope this is better man 

fingers crossed

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2012 5:10 PM EST

That should be fine, if a little blurry (Not your fault). If I shove you perhaps between two other people should be fine. I'll upload another progress pic once I get Titan's and yours in

• 426 posts
    January 23, 2012 5:57 PM EST

Cool when I zoomed out on it it didnt seem to bad I didn't want to tinker with it too much I jus made sure it was over 500 pixels high

• 426 posts
    January 23, 2012 5:58 PM EST

Excellent Kendrik glad your on board. Just get another shot with a snow white background at around 5:30pm in the sunshine makes it easier to cut them out. Especially with your Pointy Daedric armour lol 

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2012 6:02 PM EST

Yeah, could you take another one outdoors maybe. The uneven dark background makes it difficult to cut out the daedric armor. Plus, the lighting is all wrong - you should be casting a shadow about 45 degrees to your right, as you can see in my pic in the original post

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2012 6:05 PM EST

If you can't get a good pic I'm sure you can just be the dog sitting in front of everyone else