Forums » Elder Scrolls

Cyrodiil in skyrim again

• 10 posts
    January 15, 2012 10:05 AM EST

OK my last forum was about cyrodiil in skyrim and if you would like it.

Well sadly many people said they would not like it and personnaly i think its a great idea and as downloadable content it would be amazing.

I can't force people to like it but answer this don't you think it would be cool to go see cyrodiil(and maybe even Morrowind) changed so much i mean people talk about it so much in the game it just seams like its changed alot and it may even add a whole new storyline wich i would like cuz i beat all the storylines in skyrim.

So if you want Cyrodiil and all your amazing memories answer

G for good

If you dont want Cyrodiil put

B for bad

• 3 posts
    January 15, 2012 10:11 AM EST

I for one would like Cyrodiil in my skyrim, but i wonder how it would play out since i have taken over every imperial point in skyrim AND killed the emperor. I think i couldn't be able to set foot in any city.

otherwise, G.

• 426 posts
    January 15, 2012 10:19 AM EST

It would be good to see but im not sure how it would fit in story wise like Ognaid has pointed out.

other than that G

• 739 posts
    January 15, 2012 12:02 PM EST

Its one of those things that would be really good to 'see', but after the first impressions had sunk in i would be left wondering why Bethesda didn't explore some of the other amazing provinces in Tamriel instead of just revisiting cyrodiil.

If i'm honest Cyrodiil just didnt speak to me like Vvardenfell and the rest of Morrowind did. Cyrodiil just felt like the sterotypical medievil land that has been covered by countless other rp games. The ayleids and of course the planes of oblivion helped a fair bit but the level design was pretty awful.

Skyrim has balenced many of the things that was lost between Morrowind and Oblivion but now i'm keen for a completely new chapter in the series. I want more attention placed on the beast races, the argonians and the khajiit who both share rich and interesting cultures. Dare i say it but Bethesda themselves have been pretty racist to the beasts in not giving them any of the attention they deserve, after all they are clearly the most interesting to look at.

All in all i'm glad that Bethesda chose Cyrodiil as the province for Oblivion, a boring province inhabited with a boring race nicely wrapped up in a sub-standard game. They got all there mistakes put away nice and neatly and learned very well from it when you look at the masterpiece that is Skyrim.

Its time to move on....

• 10 posts
    January 15, 2012 6:44 PM EST

understandable but what if because you killed the emperor they eighther do not know you did this or because of everything you become the emperor or it may tie in with the new storyline of it that would be amazing right

• 10 posts
    January 15, 2012 6:47 PM EST

i understand and i feel the same way BUT oblivion's land Cyrodiil was a magical place and people say its changed so much in skyrim it may feel like a new plain and look like one

• 773 posts
    January 16, 2012 3:34 AM EST

Yep, Masons post says it all really. Cyrodiil was OK, but its time to move on...

• 426 posts
    January 16, 2012 4:03 AM EST

Yeah Im with Paul and Lason on this one bring on the new realms

• 708 posts
    January 16, 2012 4:13 AM EST

To be honest it would be a waste of Bethesda's time completely remaking a landmass the size of Skyrim from a game they've already made... There's alot more potential for 'new' DLC in other places - Orsinium to the West, mainland Morrowind to the East, and Thalmor-controlled Hammerfell to the SW.

Besides there was a project to convert Vvardenfel into Oblivion, and there will no doubt be one to port Cyrodiil into Skyrim - the heightmaps are already in place so it won't be nearly as much work for the modders.

B (COLORED TEXT YEAH)

• 1 posts
    January 16, 2012 5:05 AM EST

G

• 10 posts
    January 16, 2012 5:42 AM EST

Is this website entirely inhabited by RPG snobs who enjoy annoying people who enjoyed Oblivion?

• 426 posts
    January 16, 2012 5:56 AM EST

I wouldnt say Im a snob and I never stated that I didnt enjoy oblivion. But I spent over 300 hrs running round that realm and would like to see more of Tamriel. The scope story wise is much greater in other areas aswell. What more do you want?

• 10 posts
    January 16, 2012 6:25 AM EST

Nothing at all, I just grow so weary of Oblivion bashing, which seems to be the most prevalent theme of this site next to Morrowind worship.

• 426 posts
    January 16, 2012 6:56 AM EST

Sorry you feel like that Gareth but my experience on here I ve not really seen anything like that if anything Ive seen people saying they loved oblivion. But this is the Skyrim blog at the end of the day. Chin up and go slay some rascaly bandits might make you feel better

• 297 posts
    January 16, 2012 7:28 AM EST
    My favourite ever elderscrolls game is oblivion but i think it had its time and is now over,
    mind you the fact that the height maps are all in skyrim "i gaurantee you" someone will make use of the area,so maybe we will see some familiar lands again i would like that, as far as dlc goes i would rather see somewhere completely new in skyrim or on its borders, you cant always look back for inspiration and with these titles what,s next is the question that needs answering
    • 739 posts
    January 16, 2012 7:42 AM EST

Oblivion bashing the prevalent theme: I dont think so, weve got better things to talk about.

But yeah i am an RPG snob, Morrowind spoiled alot of future games for me because i never found anything that could match it for depth and storytelling even if its gameplay was a little basic. Oblivion was the reverse, they improved the gameplay and graphics but fell short on depth, it was like elder scrolls: arcade mode. Like guy i to put plenty of hours into Oblivion so i feel perfectly qualified if i choose to 'bash' it.

I notice that you havent started any discussions yourself gareth, if you feel so strongly maybe you should start a discussion on why Oblivion was so epic.

• 426 posts
    January 16, 2012 7:54 AM EST

Easy mason settle settle lol I did state that i wasnt a rpg snob but now that i come to think about it morrowind did alter my perceptions when it comes to rpg's, oblivion then did the same and once more with skyrim. If anyones to blame its bethesda for making bloody good rpg titles. Pushing the bar higher n higher each time. So I correct my original statement and freely admit to being a rpg snob but i still love each tes tite in their own respect.