Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Character Build Deathmatch

• 557 posts
    August 1, 2013 12:03 AM EDT

Hello all, Emer here!

Today I bring you a rather large (and long overdue) Character Build Deathmatch. Character Building Host Ponty has chosen quite a few builds that are now faced with death, and your votes will turn the tide of battle!

Without further ado, let's meet the combatants:

Feel free to reply to this discussion and let us all know of your choice! 

• 856 posts
    August 1, 2013 12:12 AM EDT

Not so many next time - I'm not sure I'll have the patience to read them all... thx. 

Edit:  Fortunately I had already read some of them.  There's some nice builds amongst them, hoping those deserving will get the 20+ likes. 

• August 1, 2013 12:15 AM EDT
    Tough choice between the Rebel, Dawnguard Strafer, and Aedra's Crusader. Ended up going with the Crusader, but I hope the other two survive.
    • 74 posts
    August 1, 2013 12:18 AM EDT

So what happens if a build makes it out of the bloodworks during this voting stage? Is it still placed in the deathmatch despite being "safe"? 

• 74 posts
    August 1, 2013 1:08 AM EDT

And thus, The Aedra's Crusader has risen from the Bloodworks to be Recognized. 

• 268 posts
    August 1, 2013 3:07 AM EDT
    Aren't we gonna need a banner change as both Mason and Ben have stepped down, and Twisted is the new host? And I know this is pretty off topic, and I'll apologise in advance if it is, but what the heck happened to Skalvar and Narm? Why have both of them (and their builds) vanished off the face of the Skyrim Blog?
    • 167 posts
    August 1, 2013 4:01 AM EDT

Both left.

• 167 posts
    August 1, 2013 4:03 AM EDT

If a build makes it out of bloodworks, but is still the one with the most votes does it still get counted? Or is the next one down the one that survives?

• 108 posts
    August 1, 2013 4:41 AM EDT

Every build I like has the following elements

why play it? playstyle, RP elements, challenges and restrictions 

how to get there? stats, gear, quests, npcs

add some flavour elements: backstory, personal reason to make this very build, inspirations, great ingame screenshots or other visuals

Many builds ramble about well known facts or offer trivial solutions. Read up on stuff, be brief and entertaining.

Just my 2 cents in general. ^_^

• 485 posts
    August 1, 2013 6:23 AM EDT
    Went with the aedra crusader. Hope it gets the likes and attention it deserves.
    • 773 posts
    August 1, 2013 7:35 AM EDT

Hard work reading through so many builds - any chance of less builds next time 

I went for The Frostwolf. There were a few decent ones - nothing that really, really appealed to me - but the Frostwolf was a well laid out build, something a bit different that I'd not seen before

• 1483 posts
    August 1, 2013 8:42 AM EDT
    I went with the Frostwolf. There were some decent (and some not so much) builds there, but the Frostwolf really appealed to me, with nice images, detail where needed and simple yet effective combat strategy combined with one of my favorite races.
    • 557 posts
    August 1, 2013 10:58 AM EDT

Skalvar left the blog, Narmis was banned. 

Also, if someone wants to create a new Deathmatch banner, that would be excellent! 

• 1913 posts
    August 1, 2013 11:11 AM EDT
    Ben became a black guy XD
    • 485 posts
    August 1, 2013 11:54 AM EDT
    I might be alone on this, but I kind of like a large death match like this.
    • 19 posts
    August 1, 2013 2:58 PM EDT

I like the Dawnguard Strafer and Shadowfoot builds. Balrog has risen to Recognized, as I planned.

• 1595 posts
    August 1, 2013 3:02 PM EDT

Wait, Narm was banned? Man, why do I always find out this stuff during a deathmatch? Nothing brings the community together better than the promise of blood!

Aedra Crusader for the win!

• 268 posts
    August 1, 2013 3:06 PM EDT
    I do too. It gives you more choice and helps get more builds noticed/deleted.
    • 268 posts
    August 1, 2013 3:07 PM EDT
    I thought banned user's content (builds) stayed?
    • 1 posts
    August 1, 2013 7:40 PM EDT

i like the werewolf hunter i think it woukd be the best build but i just skimmed threw them i think it should be 2 builds daily until there is a champion build 

• 485 posts
    August 1, 2013 9:25 PM EDT

With only a handful of werewolves in the entire game, the werewolf hunter would find himself lacking purpose very quickly.