Forums » The Lounge

Tell us about your avatar?

• 773 posts
    November 5, 2011 4:41 AM EDT

As you know we have manual validation on this site, to keep out spammers mainly. So one of the things I check when a new person signs up is their avatar.

And I've been struck by the variety. Many are based on particular elements of the Elder Scrolls universe, but a large number are not. Some are pictures of people - presumably you? - whilst others go for something that seems a bit random but obviously has some meaning.

So.... tell us about your avatar. Why did you choose it? What does it mean for you?

There's a Weekend Roundtable coming later, but I thought this would be a fun topic for Saturday 

• 13 posts
    November 5, 2011 4:54 AM EDT

Well, my first avatar was a picture of me doing some dungeon crawling (ok maybe it was just a cave), which I thought was pretty appropriate and maybe even little humorous:) Now that I've actually sort of decided what my first character is going to be I'm using the screenshot that looks most like what I expect my character will. Once I get the game I will most definitely be changing it to a shot of my actual character. 

• 2 posts
    November 5, 2011 4:56 AM EDT

Its my youtube avatar, helps get the subs, and I haven't changed it on 'The Skyrim Blog' because I'm lazy and I'm only here to read your masterpieces :P

• 31 posts
    November 5, 2011 4:56 AM EDT

I've loved Elvira since I first got the chance to move her around in the old 1990 Elvira: The Arcade Game. Then I got The Jaws of Cerberus, a hardcore gory first person horror, which remains one of my all time favourite games.

• 3 posts
    November 5, 2011 4:57 AM EDT

Baulders Gate 2... first PC RPG I ever played... My previous avatar was of my Halo Reach armor off Bungie.net Sir Sweetne55