Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's Better The Nightingale Armor Or The Thieves Guild Leader

• April 7, 2013 5:57 AM EDT

I've Completed the thieves guild questline and i'm wondering whether i should keep using the nightingale armor because it looks really good or i should switch to the thieves guild leader armor. which one should i wear?

(ps: i'm playing as a thief/assassin)

• 5 posts
    April 7, 2013 6:32 AM EDT

For aesthetics that is your choice. However I believe the Guild Master Set is slightly stronger regarding the armour rating of it, the enchantments are more suited to a thief as well. I would recommend you keep all the nightingale pieces apart from the chest which you swap for the Guild Master chest. Just my personal opinion however.

• April 7, 2013 7:35 AM EDT

Thanks

• 78 posts
    April 7, 2013 12:31 PM EDT

I liked the nightingale armor.  But as Jack says, depends on aesthetics and how your character is playing.  I learned a little too late how to enchant your armor higher, so with my first character I only got the defense up to 380 something for nightingale.  Not sure if you can do the same with the master guild armor since it's already enchanted.  

• 5 posts
    April 7, 2013 12:46 PM EDT
    IIrc the nightingale armour is also already enchanted, however armour rating is not normally a concern I find, as there are many ways to reach the cap.