Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is your favourite unique weapon (Quest-Reward or otherwise)

• 365 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:19 PM EST

To name a few:-

Bolar's Oathblade

Dragonbane

Keening

Zephyr

Nettlebane

Miraak's Sword

Dawnbreaker

Mace of Molag-Bal

The Longhammer

Trollsbane

Windshear

Wuuthrad

Mehrune's Razor

Ghostblade

Okin

Eduj

Aegisbane

Bloodthorn

Blood-Scythe + Soul-Render

• 1483 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:33 PM EST

I have always liked Mehrune's Razor. To have a chance to instantly kill anyone is very helpful at Master difficulty. Not to mention infinite charges... But now I'm really enjoying Kahvozein's Fang. I got it in Volskygge with alteration skill at 15  Since it's a quest item I was stuck with it and decided to make use of it. It's very good looking, and I compensate low damage with alchemy. The cool thing is that you get dragon heartscale from every slain dragon which are NOT quest items and can be sold to general merchants. I'm making a lot of money selling those  And since Unofficial Skyrim Patch makes it possible to upgrade I think I'll use it afer finishing the Alteration Ritual Spell too.

• 7 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:36 PM EST

Sanguine Rose and Mace of Molag-Bal.

• 1913 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:39 PM EST
    Horkersbane all the way :P
    • 661 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:40 PM EST

I see no Ebony Blade or Chillrend. Those are some decent unique weapons. I would personally opt for Dawnbreaker, just because I had so much fun using it as a vampire.

• 131 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:44 PM EST

Chillrend, simply due to the fact it is the only icy blue glass item in the game. Plus I love the look. :3

• 661 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:48 PM EST

Skyler I think it is the only unique Glass sword in the game. Im not sure how to explain this but I think it is the only unique looking weapon in the game that resembles most non-unique weapons (ie steel, orcish, dragonbone.)

• 739 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:51 PM EST

The Pale Blade.

Any demonic weapon that rests on a pedestal at the bottom of a haunted crypt is going to get me sniffing...

Great frost/stamina damage, good charges.

Boosted with augmented frost 2/2 it puts the fear of god in anything upto level 24.

• 1483 posts
    March 7, 2013 5:53 PM EST

Just have it equipped in your right hand when looting them :) There is something cool about killing dragons with ritual dagger 

• 490 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:01 PM EST

Wabbajack.

• 377 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:17 PM EST

Umbra, where are you?!!

• 365 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:29 PM EST

Both The Pale Blade and Mace of Molag Bal are epic, + @Mason I didn't know that the Augumented Elemental Perks work with Enchanted Weapons, too cool!

• 365 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:33 PM EST

@Brynjolf What does Horkersbane do? I can't find absolutely anything about it on the internet, even on UESP and SkyrimWiki?! How come, is it that unheard of?

• 661 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:34 PM EST

Some poor sucker decided that the Vile's horrid mask was better. Damn you Champion of Cyrodiil!

• 661 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:36 PM EST

That sword went perfectly with my Vampiric Samurai build.

• 1483 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:36 PM EST

I think he meant Horksbane

• 365 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:38 PM EST

Wow, even when i finally spelt it correctly, 1 link! 1!

: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Horksbane  

• 1483 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:38 PM EST

I'm with Ra'jirr on that one and usually leave it on the pedestal 

• 661 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:41 PM EST

Trololsbane... I  mean Trollsbane. Gotta love that banhammer... I mean warhammer.

• 1483 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:59 PM EST

I wouldn't call it an early game necklace. After all you have to clear three crypts just to get all three fragments and fight all three bosses again to forge the amulet!

• 37 posts
    March 7, 2013 7:18 PM EST

Drainheart sword, Drainspell bow and Drainblood battleaxe. Unlike the Ghostblade, you can mount them on a weapons rack/display and take them out without it vanishing on you.

• 118 posts
    March 7, 2013 7:55 PM EST
    I love miraak's staff since I'm a sucker for stagger however my favourite would either be zephyr or auriels bow since I'm typically an archer. I typically rush to grab zephyr, just so used to using it.
    • 37 posts
    March 7, 2013 8:12 PM EST

Other than looks, Does Nettlebane do anything?

• 1913 posts
    March 7, 2013 8:14 PM EST
    Only for that one quest... Other than that? Nope