Forums » Elder Scrolls

Modding for xbox 360

• March 1, 2013 3:53 AM EST
    Hi all, new to this blog site, big fan of skyrim, and other elder scrolls games as well, i have learned how to transfer xbox game saves to pc for modding with use of console commands, but am still seeking knowledge on how to put mods onto my xbox, as my pc is not good for playing skyrim on :(
    Has anyone here learned how?
    • 158 posts
    March 1, 2013 3:55 AM EST

I've not heard of cross platform modding for skyrim, even after over a year on skyrim being released. Even then, can the xbox handle some of the larger mods without significant performance loss?

Oh, welcome to the blog :D

• March 1, 2013 3:59 AM EST
    That is what i am worried about! I would love for skyrim mod downloading to be possible in future, just got moonpath to elsweyr on the pc version, and it looks awesome, but my computer is laggy like a giant wolf spider on heat! Damn i need to get a better computer :( might have to stick with console command "hacking" to get new excitement from skyrim xD

And thanks :)
    • 131 posts
    March 1, 2013 8:35 AM EST

Supposedly I heard that Bethesda said in a Q&A/Panel/something that the Xbox could definitely handle several mods out there. However, it's Microsoft that won't allow the mods to be installed/run. Due to their rules and such, modding your Xbox results in a ban from Xbox LIVE.

(I think that is what we're talking about)

• 856 posts
    March 1, 2013 10:19 AM EST

I just deleted a string of comments/replies on this forum post.  This is a forum post for modding on the xbox360; it is not a discussion for the advantages/disadvantages of PC vs consoles.  Keep your comments relevant and on-topic.

Thanks,

RuneRed

• 952 posts
    March 1, 2013 10:51 AM EST

Exactly. That's why Steam is moving towards Linux, Microsoft is changing Windows into a closed platform like Xbox making mods and even. Steam itself unable to function correctly. This also means PC under Windows could lose the advantage of being moddable. A Monopoly is not good people, it makes everything expensive and mediocre.

• 37 posts
    March 1, 2013 2:37 PM EST

I hope they don't do that. Then it would just be like Apple's Macs. The only reason i want a gaming rig is for the mods created

• 952 posts
    March 1, 2013 3:19 PM EST

Too bad, Microsoft has started it already, programs like Steam for example can't use all Win8 functions because it's not owned by Microsoft, and Valve now has to pay to be on Windowns, pretty sad that it can come to this, maybe the EU will sue them for creating a monopoly again, not that they don't have to money to pay the fines they would get.