Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite NPC

• 1913 posts
    December 13, 2012 7:31 AM EST
    Who is your favorite NPC in skyrim? For me it is a toss up, between Serana and Bryjolf.

Serana cause she is voiced by the fantastic Laura Bailey, is the only character that has dialogue that moved me, I actually could see a bond being formed between her and my character, and... Just look at her (before any of you saying that she is just a video game character, the design if her was based off of somebody)

And Brynjolf because... He's Brynjolf. What other reason do you need?
    • 131 posts
    December 13, 2012 7:53 AM EST

I have a similar deal except I have a few more :P Serana, Jarl Balgruuf, Farkas, and Vilkas

Serana as you said Hunter is just a pretty unique character and is one of the more beautiful characters in the game (design wise). Most of the NPCs are the same old robot with a slightly different look. Serana feels different when you're around and the dialogue with here does sound real.

Jarl Balgruuf....first Jarl you meet and he's just cool the way he handles things.

Farkas/Vilkas: Sad story + Werewolves + Epic skills = Win

• 1913 posts
    December 13, 2012 8:01 AM EST
    The first jarl I met was Balgruuf, I didn't care for him whatsoever. Farkas/Vilkas, I'm a sucker for a sad story, I prefer Vilkas though, Farkas never helped when I was in a fight
    • 1 posts
    December 13, 2012 8:46 AM EST

King Madanach, gotta love a man with a mission and vengence.

• 31 posts
    December 13, 2012 12:16 PM EST

Jarl Ballgruuf for sure. After watching Skyrim Gamer Pop #6, he became simply my fav .

• 131 posts
    December 13, 2012 12:31 PM EST

That was reason #2 why I loved Jarl Balgruuf xD

• 277 posts
    December 13, 2012 12:57 PM EST

1.Karliah

2.Serana

3.Aela the Huntress.

Oh! And Vigilance ! XD

• December 13, 2012 1:51 PM EST

M'aiq the liar

• 271 posts
    December 13, 2012 2:03 PM EST
    Miraak! Yes, he is Evil, but he's cool as Hell!

Other then that, Brynjolf! :D
    • 291 posts
    December 13, 2012 6:31 PM EST

Some obvious ones:

• Brynjolf - winner of Sexiest Man of the Year in 4E 201
    • M'aiq the Liar - I feel that if he had more lines, he would actually be a very wise character.  Very reminescent of the Wise Old Man archetype.
    • Jarl Balgruuf - Of all the Jarls, he seems the least one dimensional

Some less obvious ones:

• Mathies - when he tells his story about his little girl, I seriously do feel genuinely terrible for him.
    • Ondolemar - my fault for creating an interesting head cannon for him.
    • J'Zargo - "I someone sneaks up on us, I will smell them coming.  Or, maybe not.  We will see."
    • Sondas - I still don't know why I like him as an NPC.  He's just the kind of person I'd want as a neighbor for some bizarre reason.

But if you made me pick one, it'd be M'aiq the Liar.  Wise Old Khajiits for the win!

• 1913 posts
    December 13, 2012 6:52 PM EST
    I understand why everyone likes Ondolemar as a friend... But why is it when I search for him online with the safety filters off I get flooded with pictures of him in "risqué" pictures?

M'aiq- every time I find him I immediately run up to him to hear him talk, I always get a chuckle from him

Brynjolf- coming from a straight guy, I have to agree, must be the accent
    • 285 posts
    December 13, 2012 7:09 PM EST
    M'aiq is my favorite, also from a straight guy, I agree, it's something about him... probably the accent.
    • 23 posts
    December 13, 2012 8:26 PM EST

M'aiq the liar is more of an easter egg, he has always been there to make funny comments that answer / address / plain make fun off some odd requests or some obscure or even missing features in the game.

He was never meant as a serious character

Myself... well, K'zargo deserves an honory mention... he's the only npc who cares :'(

• 856 posts
    December 14, 2012 10:28 AM EST

Wait, what?... Laura Bailey voiced Serana? - I knew she sounded familiar (I know her as 'Lust' in FMA:Brotherhood).

I guess my favorite NPC is M'aiq - I love his witty musings; but with my new info about Serena, perhaps he is not.

• 1913 posts
    December 14, 2012 10:39 AM EST
    I found out about Laura bailey from the bloodrayne games (Rayne), saints row 3 (female main character voice 1), fallout new vegas (female courier), and this one surprised me... Serah from final fantasy 13 & 13-2
    • 131 posts
    December 14, 2012 10:55 AM EST

Huh, I didn't notice that and I played the crap out of Saints Row 3. Ya learn something new everyday. I never played Final Hallway 13 or 13-2 (although I did buy 13 and tried it out), and I didn't get into Fallout enough to ever notice.

• 1913 posts
    December 14, 2012 11:07 AM EST
    She's also voicing black widow in the movie or tv show "Avengers Assemble" in 2013. She has also voiced Anko from some of the Naruto video games, Ms. Bailey has been in a lot of roles that I recognize