Forums » The Lounge

Short-Span Obession

• October 29, 2012 12:07 AM EDT

I have a really weird tendency, I will get extremely into something for about a month and then not think about it for a couple more months; I had an entire month where I just thought about and read Harry Potter, oh I don't mean it took me that long to finish the series( I did that in a week :P), I reread each book( at least certain parts) for an entire month. Another example I was obsessed with the Legend of Korra and just watched episodes of that for a week. Other examples are Star Wars, Digimon, Ranger's Apprentice, Last Apprentice( though I'll continue to read these books as they come out), Hunger Games, and other forms of TV shows, books, movies, and comic books. So are any of you like me in that you get temporarily interested(obsessed) with something?

• February 4, 2013 2:59 AM EST

I used to be like that too, though I've balanced out a bit more.

On a side note- Harry Potter, fucking awesome.

• 81 posts
    February 4, 2013 3:06 AM EST
    I am totally like that all the time.
    • 81 posts
    February 4, 2013 3:06 AM EST
    I HATE the hp books!
  • February 4, 2013 3:10 AM EST

Burn in hell 

• 81 posts
    February 4, 2013 3:12 AM EST
    You know who will burn in hell? Harry potter for practicing witchcraft :-P
  • February 4, 2013 1:17 PM EST

Atheism ftw 

• 952 posts
    February 4, 2013 1:21 PM EST

Yes, very much, I also have this with games, books, tv-series, pretty much anything. I guess a lot of people have this since I know that alteast 2 of my best friends are exactly like that as well.

• February 4, 2013 1:22 PM EST
    Because everyone knows, book burnings are an extremely common occurrence nowadays. Why just today I saw 4.5 book burnings :P
    • 661 posts
    February 4, 2013 1:28 PM EST

I liked reading Dean Koontz, I read like three books. He is a damned good writer, but I dropped it after I couldn't find anymore at the drug store.