Forums » Elder Scrolls

PS3 DLC!

• 2 posts
    October 22, 2012 11:53 PM EDT

Ok when in the world are we PS3 users getting DLC!!! I want my own house damn it built with my own hands lol

• 856 posts
    October 23, 2012 1:34 AM EDT

I know you've been gone nearly a year - and welcome back - but this topic has been discussed a lot. Honestly, I hope you get your DLC, but it may be quite possible that you will never get it; it simply may be beyond the PS3 capabilities.  Good luck.

• October 23, 2012 12:40 PM EDT

Never. End of discussion.

• 1913 posts
    October 23, 2012 2:55 PM EDT
    Hahaha
    • 7 posts
    October 24, 2012 2:58 AM EDT
    Don't see how ps3 capabilities aren't enough for the dlc when the x-box 360 was released earlier. Sorry rune, but you're logic doesn't make any sense. I reckon Bethesda just needs to learn how to program for the ps3 better, this is getting out of hand.
    • 26 posts
    October 24, 2012 3:19 AM EDT
    It's got something to do with the way the PS3 handles memory differently from both Xbox and PC as soon as they figure that out you should be seeing DLC unless they are just finished trying
    • 708 posts
    October 24, 2012 3:42 AM EDT

It's not it's hardware capabilites but its odd programming environment. Many other devs have had trouble with PS3 stuff too.

• 952 posts
    October 24, 2012 4:03 AM EDT

Yes, it's due to the fact that the PS3 has a split CPU/GPU RAM memory of 256Mb/256Mb, while Xbox has one big RAM memory of 512Mb that both CPU and GPU use, which allows for more flexibility when a game is particulary heavy on the CPU or GPU, in Skyrim's case probarly the CPU.

• 6 posts
    October 24, 2012 5:16 AM EDT
    The upcoming patch stated something about getting ready for PS3 dlc.
    • 2 posts
    October 28, 2012 9:01 PM EDT

To everyone explaining why PS3 may be more difficult to produce for, I completely understand your point and the truth in it. However as a PS3 player: their job is making video games.. I think I am not alone in wishing that they were actually capable of doing their job for all consoles, not just ignoring PS3 because "it's harder." 

• 23 posts
    October 29, 2012 1:34 AM EDT

I bought a lamp ten years ago.

Its brighter, and more effecient than a torch I bought last year.

Should the torch I bought last year automatically be better as a lamp because its newer?

Thats what your argument boils down to. One console came out first, so the second console thats got very different hardware, should be totally better even though it was developed mostly at the same time as and completely seperatly by different companies with different aims.

The xbox360 is the lamp.  The ps3 is the torch. Both of them give us light, but to read with the torch, I need to position the torch just right, or hold it over my book.

therefore its newer, but harder to work with.

... I rambled.

• 7 posts
    October 29, 2012 2:41 AM EDT
    That's cool, I just didn't really understand the sense behind it. I did figure it had something with the programming. I've heard of some problems with the ps3 but I've never seen anything this bad.
    • 1 posts
    October 29, 2012 12:28 PM EDT

Bethesda released patch 1.8 beta for pc and they found files titled ps3 downloadable content with dragon riding and spell casting animations. It's called dragonborn.