Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most underrated builds.

• September 21, 2012 8:38 PM EDT

The Legendary section on Character Building has some of the best builds on the Internet. But some of the coolest builds haven't made it there, some haven't even it made it Master. So I want to hear what, in your guy's opinion, are the most underrated builds here, maybe people can even check them out and see what they think. I've already picked out mine; Ricardo's Thor( it's only Adept), Robin Westerbeeke's Imperial Crusader( only Novice for some reason), zulfir's Blight Priest( Apprentice), and Ricardo's the Beast( Apprentice). So what do you guys think?

• 63 posts
    September 21, 2012 9:11 PM EDT

E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T. topic. I wish I was better versed with builds (I've only tried one... boo me) I'd love to hear some opinions.

• September 21, 2012 9:14 PM EDT

You could always take a look :P And yeah, I'm very curious to hear some more opinions.

• 180 posts
    September 21, 2012 9:17 PM EDT
    One of my favorites is the Revakriid. Only 18 likes? I know its based on an exploit but it definitely is one of the most original builds.
  • September 21, 2012 9:19 PM EDT

I see your point on the Blight Priest. I guess I like reading massive amounts of text :P I was turned off by the non-ES lore about Thor at first, but I think it's really awesome and can be adapted in ES lore( maybe a minor Aedra or something). And yeah the Beast was awesome, I've never been of fan of unarmed either, but I like the slow turn to insanity. So are there any lower ranked builds you really enjoy?

• September 21, 2012 9:21 PM EDT

I was gonna mention that, but I decided I mentioned enough :P

• 62 posts
    September 21, 2012 9:30 PM EDT

Matt Nelson's "Spartan" is a great build, both in playability and roleplaying. It didn't get much attention but it is still a quality build.

• September 21, 2012 9:56 PM EDT

Ah yes I remember that one, he likes posting vampire builds :P I was aiming to get some lower ranked builds some recognition, like the Agent of Molag Bal for example :)

• 4 posts
    September 22, 2012 5:41 PM EDT

The Chloromancer by Juan Ramos is really well done and rich in backstory, like Matthew I also like to read a lot of text so this build is pretty welll put together for people who like that sort of stuff. The text placement can sometimes be a bit randomn but besides that really good build.

• 140 posts
    September 22, 2012 6:35 PM EDT

Matt, I think this a wonderful idea for a discussion, so thank you!  

My current trio of underrated builds would be Narmis' Scorch Stun Scout, Mage and Soldier.  I am more inclined to RP my characters, and these builds take a cool concept and make them applicable to a variety of play styles.  It takes the work out of "planning" a viable build so that I can then concentrate on developing my character in other ways.

I could see adding more responses as I have time to peruse the incredible riches in the build section.

• 3 posts
    September 22, 2012 7:06 PM EDT

One of my all-time favorites isn't very high ranked. The Guardian of the Wood (13 Likes). Of course there are more but that's just one off the top of my head! 

• September 22, 2012 10:38 PM EDT

I'm a big fan Flyin' Hawaiian. I just liked that build :)

• September 22, 2012 10:40 PM EDT

My main problem with that build is that there aren't any plant based spells, and I wouldn't feel right using another kind of spell for that build. But I do enjoy a lot of Juan's other builds.

• 409 posts
    September 22, 2012 11:02 PM EDT
    Jaundice McYellow. Nough said.
    • 133 posts
    November 14, 2012 6:47 PM EST

#1 The K

#3 The Dungeon Runner

#4 Aar-Se-Dovah 

• November 14, 2012 10:04 PM EST

You skipped #2 Yeah, I really like the Dungeon Runner and Aar-Se-Dovah. I heard the guy who made the Keerilth was a dick though

• 133 posts
    November 14, 2012 10:06 PM EST
    Yeah, he was a big one, must explain why he dodn't get many likes lol :P
  • November 14, 2012 10:11 PM EST

-_- ......... :P

• 1913 posts
    November 14, 2012 10:37 PM EST
    My build "Sisters of order" is- Nah I'm not gonna be that kinda guy. I'd say The Pirate Queen by Alex Chern is pretty underrated, it's the very first build I saw on this site and it is one of my favorites.