Forums » Elder Scrolls

When Dragons are on your side... kinda

• 22 posts
    September 3, 2012 5:11 PM EDT

I was playing the other day and had finally decided to play through Thieves Guild missions. It was my first time so I was being extra careful. I was doing the second mission where you attack the meadery and had cracked the safe and was sneaking my way over to the Hives, when all of a sudden a Dragon swoops down out of nowhere and scares the hell out of me.

I hadn't been spotted yet and thought I was done for now but the dragon started attacking the guards... I couldn't believe my luck! I waited a moment as all the guards began attacking the dragon then I sprinted for the hives, set them alight and fled.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience where a dragon appears and actually helps you out?

• September 3, 2012 5:49 PM EDT

I've had weirder were the dragon completely didn't attack me( it detected me). It was a glitch.

• 22 posts
    September 3, 2012 5:57 PM EDT

I've had that a few times. they just fly around above you for a bit then head off over a mountain... It always happens when I don't have storm call

• September 3, 2012 6:03 PM EDT

No this one landed and stared at me. Never attacked or flew.

• 22 posts
    September 3, 2012 6:18 PM EDT

I take it back it must have been a glitch... kinda creepy too

• September 3, 2012 6:24 PM EDT

Can't remember what happened. I don't think it followed me... O.O >.>

• 952 posts
    September 3, 2012 6:35 PM EDT

I had this the first time I did that mission as well. It went different, it got out of hand. The dragon swooped down upon the guards, and set everything, but literally every hive there was on fire.

I had to load over and over again until the dragon didn't spawn and I could complete the mission.

• 557 posts
    September 3, 2012 6:44 PM EDT

I had a strange glitch where a dragon attacked Windhelm DURING the Battle for Windhelm. It attacked everyone, Imperials, Stormcloaks, everyone. Eventually I just killed it, but I made a fortune off of all the armor I collected!

• 22 posts
    September 4, 2012 1:38 PM EDT

wow I guess I lucked out, that would have been really irritating

• 22 posts
    September 4, 2012 1:40 PM EDT

Now that's what I'm talking about! what a site, the battles under way and all of a sudden a dragon appears and lays waits to both sides!

• September 4, 2012 3:15 PM EDT

There is a scripted event for this during the main quest, when a battle between the trio of you, Esbern and Delphine against a Forsworn camp is interrupted by a frost dragon. Unfortunately, the dragon is smart enough to let the Forsworn beat your allies to "Death" (Read: falling over) and simply freeze everything else. And he has the uncanny ability to notify the powerful Forsworn mage's of your position after you kill him, leading to endless reloaded saves if you feel the need to wipe out EVERY enemy in and around the camp. Mudcrabs included.

• 66 posts
    September 4, 2012 9:53 PM EDT

Lol I love when dragons act benevolent.

I was doing a quest for the companions, quite a cool one role-play wise because I had to save Faendal (my main character's love interest) from a forsworn camp, IĀ sneakedĀ up on the camp and then a dragon landed in the middle and engulfed all the forsworn in flame then went on his merry way.

Giants seem to do this sort of thing more than dragons though, they particularly enjoy tanking dragons while I rain death on them.