Forums » Elder Scrolls

HELP! BLACKSMITH EXPLOITS WITH POTIONS?

• rob
    • 7 posts
    July 13, 2012 1:32 PM EDT

Ok, i play Skyrim a bit, and having recently acquired my dragon bone sword and dawnguard armour , I decided to see whether i could improve them to the max., only problem is, i dont know how, when i tried with potions I couldn't use two of the same :L and one or two barely made a difference, any ideas?

• 9 posts
    July 13, 2012 2:07 PM EDT

Well, this is a very long and round-about way of doing things, but you could always get your enchanting to 100 and then make an item that increases your alchemy. Then, while wearing the item, you make a potion to increase your enchanting. Do this a couple of times an you should be able to make an alchemy enchantment that would make a strong enough smithing potion to max out your armor and weapons. Also, you could also enchant some clothes and rings that increase how much you can improve your smithing. On my character I have four pieces of clothing/jewlery that each increase my smithing by 25%

• rob
    • 7 posts
    July 14, 2012 9:54 AM EDT

great, thanks, any tips on getting my enchanting to 100? my characters on 33 at the moment, i've never really bothered with enchanting..... thanks for the reply and all the help as well though 

• 557 posts
    July 14, 2012 10:41 AM EDT
    If you want to use exploits then you can try the Oghma Infinium glitch. If not then disenchant/enchant EVERYTHING!
  • rob
    • 7 posts
    July 14, 2012 11:06 AM EDT
    Oghma Infinium glitch?