Forums » General Gaming

What do you think Assassin's Creed 3 will be like?

• 409 posts
    July 10, 2012 10:31 AM EDT

Like the title says what do you think Assassin's Creed III will be like personally I hope you get upgraded gear like better than what Ezio had I know there will be a bow, a tomahawlk, and guns. But do you guys think they will improve muiltplayer and maybe give you new hidden blade attachements? Discuss

• 577 posts
    July 10, 2012 12:08 PM EDT

I'm going to be honest and say AC never really stuck with me. Let me explain. I was always use to playing games on PC but then decided to get an xbox due to my PC was getting old and it wasn't a priority for gaming. So I was new to the 'controller' when I got AC. Man, was I frustrated and couldn't do exactly what was required to do control-wise. I was considered a 'newbie' to consoles. So I ended up trading the game back in out of frustration. lol And for some reason that game haunts me (controller) I've gotten WAY better and is seriously looking hard at this third release. The concept and beauty of it looks awesome!

Newbie, weary old hands Tygravius

• 377 posts
    July 10, 2012 1:51 PM EDT

I was so disappointed with Revelations that now I'm waiting for consumer reviews are in (professional reviews are bought and paid by the game companies. ie. Fable 3, Mass Effect 3).

I hate that they putting so much focus on multiplayer. The original AC was so great because of its story and setting. The quality of the story drastically diminished in Brotherhood, and lo and behold there was multiplayer. Multiplayer, O multiplayer... Thou bane of awesome single-player games. Why doth thou spread thy filth on the awesomeness of single-player games.

You know, there's an old saying: "Keep it simple, stupid." Yet time and time again it is ignored in the gaming business. Grenades? Oh okay. Different kinds of grenades? This one for stunning, this one is for killing, this for having money fall from the sky, this one is ask your favorite girl on a date, this one is to swallow if you have a sore stomach.... wtf??? Keep it simple, stupid. They really shot themselves in the foot in Revelations in this regard.

• 271 posts
    July 10, 2012 5:15 PM EDT
    I mean...the graphics looks good and the whole idea about the war! :-P BUT...i will miss Ezio! :'(
    • 966 posts
    July 10, 2012 5:32 PM EDT

I'm not going to play it, i used to be a AC fan, up to Brotherhood, i never bothered with revelations because they carried on too long with Ezio, and according to all my friends who did play, the other parts are way better.

And i'm not going to play because they skipped 280 years of highly eventfull history, to go to the American independence wich they did to apeal more to American fans. They seemed more concerned about people wanting to buy their game instead of making a good game in a good setting, and don't just skip 280 years...

I still play 1 ,2 and Brotherhood, good games, they did well to continue with Ezio at Brotherhood, but after that they thought it would just sell more if it had him in it. Because of this and more, i won't play it, just like with CoD.

• 409 posts
    July 10, 2012 7:07 PM EDT

#2 was the best in the series best story line and I agree the gernades in revelations were pretty stupid but it was only made to compete with games like MW3 but I have high hopes for 3 because they have been working on it since 2 plus your an indian with a bow and tomahawlk so I am confident

• 409 posts
    July 10, 2012 7:12 PM EDT

well I agree with the ezio thing they used him to death altiar was my favorite assassin he had the best backstory but he got 1 1/3 games but I think there will only be one more assassins creed after this next one cause after 5 or 6 games about saving earth form the sun they will need to change the plot or end the series altogether "Nothing is True Everything is Permitted" that is actually a true quote which pretty much means anarchy

• 377 posts
    July 10, 2012 8:16 PM EDT

Honestly, I was happy with the weapons from Brotherhood. A bow and tomahawk aren't that different from what we already have.

For AC3 I'm going to be grading it on it's story. If it was as bad as Revelations I just might be done with series.

• 144 posts
    July 11, 2012 3:16 AM EDT

I haven't played Revelations yet so I'll need to play that before number 3

• 144 posts
    July 11, 2012 3:27 AM EDT

I haven't played Revelations for those reasons. I have always waited to buy the assassin's creed games for some reason and it seemed like I made the right decision in revelations case. But I actually had no problem with Brotherhood. However it didn't top No. 2 though. I personally liked it better than the first one though.

• 409 posts
    July 11, 2012 3:03 PM EDT

I would just read everything that happens on wiki for me it wasnt worth the $60

• 409 posts
    July 11, 2012 3:06 PM EDT

I grade them mostly on story also (2 had the best so far) but the tomahawk and bow are more BA than anything we have seen before (at least for me anyway)

• 409 posts
    July 11, 2012 3:07 PM EDT

we gotta think about setting also and I think this one will be the best yet but that might just be because I am a war history buff XD

• 28 posts
    July 11, 2012 5:45 PM EDT

Well today some Ubisoft employees were in my local Game store giving people a demo of AC3 showing live gameplay from 3 different settings and I have to admit seeing it up close and personal like that really has convinced me to give it a go. I'm probably not going to buy it straight away though as I'm not a massive fan but probably wait til closer to Christmas or something.

The main selling point for me today was the naval warfare sections they've included. Basically you have your own ship and control both it and its cannons and take down Templar vessels by either blowing them out of the water or crippling them and then boarding them. It looked pretty amazing from both gameplay and graphics - nerd moment here but I've never seen sea quite as nice looking hah. According to the guy this would make up roughly 10% of the campaign but I don't care; it has me hooked.

• 409 posts
    July 11, 2012 7:47 PM EDT
    Naval warfare sound pretty cool but I don't know if I want 1/10 of the game I would rather have it at about 5% and have it as something you can go to a dock and start sailing
    • 8 posts
    July 11, 2012 11:25 PM EDT
    This a skyrim channel!!! Just kidding I think it'll be REALY cool