Forums » Elder Scrolls

SPOILER - IS THAT DAWNGUARD FINISHED??

• 238 posts
    July 2, 2012 6:11 PM EDT

Hey all / all who are spoiler proof. 

Iv just killed Harkon, i thought i would get the opportunity to blight out the sun .........or have i missed that in killing him lol. 

im a bit confused. iv killed harkon and nothing has really happened. is that the dlc over? seems.....unfinished .....i barely seen / went near the dawnguard what so ever!? 

surely theres something else........there is no other quest.......cause nothing else has popped up......

• 9 posts
    July 2, 2012 7:23 PM EDT

You can actually blight out the sun. All you need to do is get Serana to make the cursed blood arrows and then use Auriel's Bow to shoot them at the sun. The effects will last one day.

• 144 posts
    July 2, 2012 7:55 PM EDT

that exactly what I felt like when i finished Harkons storyline. Continue doing the mini quests with the vampires and it will take you closer to the dawnguard.

However, It did seem to me that the Dawnguard were just a nuisance to the vampires rather than a real threat. 

• 285 posts
    July 2, 2012 8:32 PM EDT
    If you play the other side you'll feel different...
    • 144 posts
    July 3, 2012 12:29 AM EDT

Yeah I started playing it on my werewolf so we'll see. By the way, just because the vampires don't like werewolves, does NOT mean the Dawnguard like them. learned that the hard way.

• July 3, 2012 1:52 AM EDT

I agree the ending was abrupt, but its not like you can only block out the sun once, every time you shoot a bloodcursed arrow at the sun it will block it out.

• July 3, 2012 1:54 AM EDT

That's what the silver hand was like but at least the silver hand killed *Spoiler* Kodlak and Sonora. Dawnguard did shit if you chose the vamps.

• 238 posts
    July 3, 2012 4:57 AM EDT

iv done some mini quests......can you tell me if there are any more unique items after the two rings and the two necklaces. 

• 577 posts
    July 3, 2012 8:27 AM EDT

I don't think that would be practical blockin out the sun for good considering DG is maybe 4% of the whole Skyrim game

• July 3, 2012 1:56 PM EDT

Aethereal shield/crown/staff from the lost to the ages quest. Ancient falmer armor. Auriel's shield. Zephyr.

• 28 posts
    July 3, 2012 5:05 PM EDT

I was slightly annoyed by the Dawnguard side myself. This is only a slight moan as I still felt that DG overall was an amazing addition with some spectacular new scenery but I felt like during the quest I was given very limited conversation options. An example being at the end when you confront Harkon and he's asking you why and all you can say is "your a blight on this world". I know the Dawnguard hate vampires and want to eradicate them but my character doesn't hate them and purely joined up because he loves the thrill of battle and adventure and I feel maybe Bethesda should have had an option that reflected that some how...more of a grey area of sorts. Bethesda are great with the black and white but the grey always seems lacking to me