Forums » General Gaming

Buying Honeyside. HELP (360)

• 7 posts
    June 15, 2012 8:27 PM EDT

So I've been playing Skyrim on the 360 and I've been running into a consistent problem. I have NO way of purchasing Honeyside. I've done the skooma trade mission, killed the guy at the warehouse, and went to the cave and disrupted the trade ring. But every single time I return the the Jarl, she just thanks me, gives me an enchanted weapon, and then that's it. No further options, no thane options, nothing. I've started, and restarted the game several times and I've been running into the same problem. Then the same thing happened to me in Markarth. I JUST WANT TO LIVE IN RIFTEN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

So I was wondering, is anyone else having this problem on the 360? Does it have anything to do with the latest patch or is there just a bug?

• 577 posts
    June 15, 2012 9:08 PM EDT

Yeah, who knows...I'm having the same problem with the house in Windhelm. Blood on Ice won't trigger for me, even after alllll the patches. Sucks....really want that house.

It's funny, after talking to friends, it seems that once you apply a patch, something else goes haywire. Like it fixes the bugs you had before, but will bring new ones that were once fine. ha! I'm sure you've noticed this.

Not sure I know if there's something you're missing with Honeyside. Somewhere you may have done something wrong to trigger it not being available. Someone here should be able to help outI have yet to attempt to be Thane, etc. in Riften, so I wouldn't know. Pretty sure I've done all the prerequesits, but it hasn't intrested me....

• 7 posts
    June 15, 2012 9:13 PM EDT

You may still have hope. I'm not sure if you knew this or not,(someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I think that you have to be so far along in the civil war quest for the Stormcloaks before you are able to purchase the house in Windhelm. Even if you've already completed the Blood On The Ice quest. Not sure If thats the problem your having though.

• 7 posts
    June 15, 2012 9:17 PM EDT

See that's the problem, I don't an option for it. After I finished at the warehouse quest, I go to her and she tells me that if I do the rest of her quest for her, that "I would be well on my way to earning a title in her court." But then after I complete it and return, the only option I have is "Tell me about the thieves guild" and "What's your stance on the war." Or something like that.

• 577 posts
    June 15, 2012 9:22 PM EDT

Civil War stuff is over. I sided with Imperials. When I go to the Jarl (or whatever he is now) he won't let me purchase it cause "the house needs cleaning. It's not ready yet" something like that.....I was told there is a way to break in, but if I did, I wouldn't be able to 'fancy' it up and I'm not keen on having to break in everytime I want to go home. lol......The killer/murderer has pulled a fast one on me!!!

• 7 posts
    June 15, 2012 9:28 PM EDT

Yea that stinks. The neighbors (Cruel-sea I think is what they are called) The wife has the key and it can be pick-pocketed. But i totally get what you mean. Sorry to hear that. You think will all the technology Bethesda has, that they could solve some of these glitches. 

• 577 posts
    June 15, 2012 9:34 PM EDT

Yeah, what can you do...I've learn to accept it. The game is so awesome and beautiful, it's a pitty sometimes how much we're spoiled with such a killer game, that we feel righteous to bitch about the little things. lol *sign*..I guess I'll just have to stay in Proudspire with my wifes. Oh hum.....

• 7 posts
    June 15, 2012 9:47 PM EDT

Ha! I don't trust proudspire. While's I've never actually had any problems with it, I've heard too many horror stories. Like Daedric Artifacts just vanishing or something like that. And seeing how on the 360, you can't just pull up the console commands and add new ones, I tend to steer clear of the place. It's a damn shame too considering that it really is an awesome house.

• 856 posts
    June 15, 2012 10:13 PM EDT

Don't know if this'll help but it's what I found after a google search:

Link