Forums » Elder Scrolls

M'aiq The Liar

• 15 posts
    June 14, 2012 8:34 PM EDT

I was working on my first character build today, and I came across M'aiq The Liar. Now, I know I drew attention to an almost universally hated character in my last post, but I wanted to talk about M'aiq The Liar. He's a very very very minor character, but he always seems to entertain whenever I cross his path, be it in Skyrim or previous iterations in the Elder Scrolls series. He cryptic form of humerous self-awareness and observation is quite awesome to me. I feel that it borderlines on breaking the fourth wall, and I think it shows that Bethesda is careful about falling into the trap of taking themselves too seriously. There's something really to be said about his brand of sarcasm and dry wit. In all honesty, I'd be surprised if anyone was able to find a legitimate reason to hate this guy. But stranger things have happened(dragons flying backwards, anyone?), so we'll see.

• 856 posts
    June 14, 2012 8:37 PM EDT

My favorite NPC by far, perhaps he is not.

• 15 posts
    June 14, 2012 8:43 PM EDT

lol Nice one, Red

• 63 posts
    June 14, 2012 9:43 PM EDT

BORDERLINE breaking the fourth wall? Dude, he's definitely speaking to the person in front of the computer. and I love him for it because it's like the developers are speaking directly to meeee!

• 15 posts
    June 14, 2012 9:48 PM EDT

It's like YOU get to be in the game!

• 15 posts
    June 14, 2012 9:57 PM EDT

Precisely, Mags