Forums » Elder Scrolls

Do you think Bethesda will add an unarmed skill tree in future d

• 5 posts
    June 13, 2012 4:57 PM EDT

Im hoping they do! maybe it could be something like the Vampire Lord skill tree or even the Werewolf skill tree were the more you use it, you get perks for it.... Id definitely be alot more happier because the recent patch for the new execution moves wih unarmed are just insanely cool.... btw i just joined two days ago! ... first blog, and skyrim is like the 4th game i bought in my entire life... lol no joke my parents make me focus on sports 24/7 so i never really got into gaming, so yea all you guys stop making me feel like a loner on here and talk to the new kid!

• 63 posts
    June 13, 2012 5:39 PM EDT

Woah. Woah. Woah. New kid! Lol. This is only the 2nd game oriented community I've joined, only recently as a matter of fact.

Yeah. that would DEFINITELY be cool. I haven't experienced any of the unarmed kill moves. Didn't even know they existed but yeah, I would love to be able to see a "monk" build. 

I think from what I've heard, Bethesda is basically doing what they can to pander to the crowd which I think is why they expanded the werewolf aspect. It's going to come down to popularity. If a lot of people want it, then there will be a good chance.

But right, I haven't heard too many people talking about it.

• 5 posts
    June 13, 2012 5:54 PM EDT

Well then i guess i shouldnt have anything to fear i mean i hope the skyrim community isnt just a bunch of CoDkids who cant possibly imagine anything being greater than CoD but hey..... oh and yea go on youtube and type in argonian fistfighting unarmed kills are epic

• 856 posts
    June 13, 2012 5:57 PM EDT

I hope so - I would prefer an update.  The heavy armor perk shouldn't be the only perk option.  I do understand that a 'mailed' fist would hurt, but there should be other options....We don't see Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, etc. run around in full plate. 

As it stands, it is still possible to get unarmed attacks fairly high (khajiit, perk, enchants) - but it is not satisfactory.

• 5 posts
    June 13, 2012 6:01 PM EDT

and thats what irritates me! morrownd and oblivion had unarmed... why would you give a khajiit plus 15 to unarmed, add gloves that give you added unarmed damage and drop a perk n the heavy armor skill tree that boosts your unarmed damage but not give you an actual unarmed skill? seems dumb in my opinion

• 9 posts
    June 18, 2012 12:25 PM EDT

Athletics and Acrobatics aren't coming back.  They added the ability to Dash in place of athletics, and the amount of dashing is regulated by your stamina.  Acrobats was really really broken after a certain point.  I mean the ability to scale an enitre building?  If anything I would love to see a spell for that, maybe an alteration spell of high jump and one for slow fall.  Maybe they're even in the game but I haven't come across them.

• 9 posts
    June 18, 2012 12:27 PM EDT

Personally I would love to see an unarmed tree, but I sincerely doubt it will happen, unless a future DLC focuses on Monk builds specifically.  The way Skyrim is built, you really can't make a viable unarmed build unless you go into heavy armor, and to be honest wearing heavy armor as a monk-type doesn't sit well with me at all.  But hey who knows maybe they will add it in!

• 1 posts
    January 15, 2013 11:30 PM EST

I just wish they'd fix it so the Khajiit claws actually do 15 damage (the code says 12), have fists of steel actually take armor bonuses into account instead of only looking at the base armor rating (max 18) and let the elemental fury shout apply to it. But that's just tom make it more straight forward, Unarmed is just a pro secret right now. As far as RP is concerned, Skyrim is western medieval fantasy so if you want to be Bruce Lee (a modern asian realist) buy a different game or spend the time you'd use for Skyrim to actually learn martial arts. 

• 253 posts
    January 16, 2013 12:42 AM EST

It would be nice to have, it would open up a lot more options in the game. It would be especially nice if they made it so, or just gave a perk that made power attacks with un-armed stagger, since they are basically useless right now. Also I would love a perk like save strike, punching someone's head off would be sweet.

• 271 posts
    January 16, 2013 1:07 AM EST
    Khajits actually deals 22 damage with claws.