Forums » Elder Scrolls

Characters Meme

• 1913 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:12 PM EST
    I have to thank Skyler for this idea, with this we can learn about people's characters and get some humor out of them. So get to typing people! (You can copy and paste the questions into your response so you don't have to manually type all of that)

1. Welcome to the cold land of Skyrim. Please, introduce your Dovahkiin.

2. Troubled beginning... Why was your Dovahkiin captured in the first place?

3. Now show us what your Dovahkiin is good at.

4. Most favorite NPC vs least one! What happens?

5. Everyone needs some lovin! Whom does your Dovahkiin want some from?

6. What about quests ? Which one is your favorite?

7. Factions, Factions... Which one do you prefer?

8. What if your Oblivion/Morrowind character met your Dovahkiin?

9. What did you like most in Skyrim?

10. Is there anything you didn’t like?

11.Anything else to add? Then rate the game and spread the TESV: Skyrim Meme love!
    • 1913 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:26 PM EST

The name is Rainin, I am a redguard. I used to be a common mercenary, but after a Orc travelled to the town I was visiting and offered the chance for me to join the Dawnguard, I never looked back.

I was simply traveling into the wilderness, trying to find the nearest town... And then those F****** stormcloaks had to go and get me in trouble! I'M NOT EVEN A NORD, WHY WOULD I BE WITH THEM?!

*shoots an apple off of a man's head blindfolded* any questions?

I... HATE... MAVEN BLACK-BRIAR!!! Get her Serana!!!

Well... Right now that's... Difficult to answer... *Serana and Aela are right behind him, fighting each other*

Dawnguard. It helped me get crossbows, discover amazing new landscapes, perilous adventures, and I met Serana because of it :)

Dawnguard, and the companions, I haven't visited them in awhile, but they were good friends.

*M'Jagger* this one would like to greet you

*Rainin* stay away from me cat... Wait... WHERE'S MY BOW?!

The adventure, never have I felt such a challenge in fighting

... Maven Black-Briar... The Civil War that is going about...

11.Anything else to add? Then rate the game and spread the TESV: Skyrim Meme love!

Don't do skooma kids!
    • 131 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:28 PM EST

haha...but Skooma is the stuff :P though it reminds me of Oblivion where you had to be on this one "Drug" to get into a dungeon. Then if you didn't take it after so long you slowly became drained of stats and health.

Interesting character Bryn :)

• 1913 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:32 PM EST
    What Rainin didn't show was how Aela and Serana clawing at each other, terms like "mutt, demon, etc." we're being thrown left and right... Would you want to be in the middle of that? NOOOOOO!!!
    • 131 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:40 PM EST

I'd be to busy sitting back eating popcorn...

• 1913 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:42 PM EST
    Who said he wasn't? :P
  • February 6, 2013 9:43 PM EST
    You guys are weird... :P
    • 1913 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:46 PM EST
    Says the person who wanted to get popcorn just to listen to someone rant on lore of a make believe universe that would more than likely end up is more than 8 paragraphs of writing... (Nothing against you Vix, just trying to prove a point)
    • 708 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:47 PM EST

Le funny maymays, le

• 1913 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:48 PM EST
    I don't know why this is called a meme either... And no Ben. No one wants to hear about them, they are like Jersey Shore... People try to forget they ever existed and are happy they are slowly going away
  • February 7, 2013 9:56 AM EST

Well, my friend, my name is Marrazz the Khajiit. I was born in a land of Elsweyr. But never felt like belonging there! Too much chilling and hangin around, too much lazy minds. Then I came to Skyrim. Never feel like belonging here either, but here it's more bearable to be an outsider.

That horse thief had took a horse from a wrong fellow, I was simply clarifying the issue with him, when the Stormcloacks and Imperials swooped pass us. Nords tend to be suspicious towards outlanders...Me being the head of the Thieves Guild later had no part in that.

*makes whole set of dragonscale armor and a nice pair of war axes* This is what I came here for, to learn, to work, to explore. I'm not the bad cook, either.

Most favourite is obviously my husband Moth gro-Bagol. It is a shame he's so attached to his work he doesn't care to share my enthusiasm to travel! And then the least... Windhelm is full of those! Let's say Rolff Stone-Fist. Let me see, if Moth and Rolff would meet... Moth would get annoyed of the unintelligence of Rolff and throw him out of the sight in no time.

In addition to Moth, I do have a soft spot towards orcs in strongholds.

As a proficient smith myself, I was deeply touched by journey referred as Lost to the Ages. The one that led me to fabled aetherium forge.

I'm most connected to Thieves Guild and Dawnguards, but I guess I have most respect towards Greybeards.

Sencha the Khajiit: There's something odly familiar in your face.

Marrazz the Khajiit: I thought the same thing, friend. 

I like the open land and talented smiths I've learned from.

Most nords.

This was fun (fun idea Skyler), mind to share a bowl of Elsweyr fondue? Made it myself.

• 1913 posts
    February 7, 2013 10:02 AM EST
    *Tries a taste, chokes on the foul food* :P
  • AJ
    • 47 posts
    February 7, 2013 10:35 AM EST

Adryn Anas is the name. I'm a proud soldier of the Imperial legion, worshipper of Stendarr and smasher of Nords!

I had just enlisted in my homeland of Morrowind and was send to Cyrodiil. Once in Cyrodiil, I was send to Skyrim. Great. Finally in Skyrim, an officer took my mead so I gave him a headbutt. Simple as that.

*farts* Let's begin!

*Blocks smashing giant*
    There you go.

*Nazir walking the streets of Whiterun* Do you get to.... *Faendal jumps in like a ninja, nuttkicks Nazir, stabs him, and runs away*

No *cough* Lydia *cough* one

Bashing some Nord faces at Windhelm was pretty funny :-) 

The legion is my life, but I heard stories about the dawnguard. I think they're good guys, too.

(Turannius, divine crusader): May the divines guide you.

(Adryn): Yes, may Stendarr guide you too. Shall we grab a few bottles of mead in the name of the divines?

(Turannius): That's for damn sure!

The bond between us legionary's. Makes me realise Nords can be good after all.

Ulfric. Stormcloak.

11.Anything else to add? Then rate the game and spread the TESV: Skyrim Meme 

Mead and horker loaf! Mead and horker loaf for everyone!

• 1913 posts
    February 7, 2013 10:43 AM EST
    *Points and mocks* You love Lydia, you love Lydia!
    • 47 posts
    February 7, 2013 2:57 PM EST

Hey, you asked.

Arthmael was born and raised in an unremarkable fishing village on the Northpoint coast a day's walk west of the city. Even by Breton standards he was remarkably gifted in magick; but he was equally concerned with faith, being a deeply religious child. Such a small town had no temple to speak of, but the locals (as is typical of Bretons, especially traders and merchants) generally venerated Zenithar, maintaining a small shrine to Him. Arthmael found this unsatisfying, without really knowing why. He was fortunate that his uncle was a known and respected merchant, with a reputation from Northpoint city all along the coast to Shornhelm; his good name (and hospitality) attracted visitors, and he often hosted travellers between the capitals at his pleasant estate above the village. One such was Breselan, a young man training for the Priesthood of Mara in Daggerfall, travelling on temple business. Arthmael and Breselan immediately took to each other, being bright young minds of a common outlook. Breselan was astonished by the magickal gifts of the boy Arthmael, and he in turn was much taken with Breselan's passionate and lucid speeches on the teachings of Mara. In them, Arthmael found what was lacking in the local Zenitharian cult, and the nine year old resolved that – although he would properly observe and venerate all the Divines – he would serve only Mara.

Some years passed. Breselan in due course rose to be a priest of Mara, and his duties took him elsewhere; and young Arthmael grew, and flourished. His command of magick was “beyond any I have seen in a long career”, “instinctive and intelligent”, “exceptional” to quote his masters in the Guild; indeed, the flowering of his ability was such that it could not go unnoticed. Even at the age of 11, the Guildmaster at Northpoint himself passed a note to his King stating “this boy has a potential the like of which I have not seen, or imagined. In all truth, Your Grace, his gifts will surpass my own very soon, and I know not where they will go after that. There is something in this boy, something I have never encountered; he should be watched, and encouraged to remember where his allegiance properly lies. He is already overly taken with worship of a Divine not commonly followed in Your Grace's possessions, spurning just Stendarr and industrious Zenithar for the gentler word of Mara. I need not remind Your Grace of the main centres of that Divine Lady's popularity.”

Arthmael was young, but no fool. It took no great magick to sense something in the air around him – the change in the way his masters would approach him, the discouragement he received when speaking of travel, the assignment of extra lore on Zenithar and Stendarr, and even Julianos (just to keep his mind purely on the study of the craft, he suspected, rather than uses to which it could be put). It was clearly time to be elsewhere. He set out quietly for the kingdoms around Illiac Bay, knowing them to be strongholds of the Lady Mara; at first luck seemed to be with him, as he slipped away and down the coast road without incident. But as more and more mounted patrols seemed to thunder along the road, ever more desperately questioning every traveller they saw, he knew he must strike inland and away from a predictable route. Swinging wide to the west of Shornhelm city he headed due south, hoping to hit the Illiac coast and perhaps pay for passage on a trading boat heading out to Anticlere. Sadly this took him directly through Orsinium, where he was not made welcome. A deep and violent loathing of the Orsimer took root in the young man in this difficult time, which would be hard to eradicate; he could hardly be blamed, after the aggressive and brutal treatment he received at every turn. If it were not for his ability, he had no doubt that his journey would have ended there; and though he tried to take no lives in defending his own, he could never after be quite sure that he had not killed at least some of this bestial people.

Finally arriving at the Benevolence in Anticlere, he made himself known to the Priestess. It was clear that she had been expecting him, and he was welcomed openly and handsomely. This rather took young Arthmael aback, as he wanted nothing but peace and security in which to study, but it quickly became clear to him that this was precisely what he had found. Taken on as a student by the local Guildmaster, and spending what free time he had in the service of the Benevolence, these were good years for Arthmael. He grew from boyhood into youth, his powers excelling, his soul replenished. Ironic indeed that this very contentment led him to seek its end; he felt a profound need to do more, to be more. The Lady Mara would not be satisfied with a worshipper so gifted, but who used those gifts so sparsely in Her service. He knew he would have to go out into the world in Her name, and help those who could not help themselves. Love behind a wall is an easy, empty thing – love must flow out into the hearts of those around us, to be worth anything at all.

From his talks with his friend Breselan, he remembered tales of a temple of Mara far to the south and east, in a city of primitive Skyrim called Riften; to his youthful imagination this seemed like both a call from on high, and a great adventure. There was talk of civil strife in the province, with rumours that the savage Nords had killed one of their own tribal kings as part of a rebellion against the Emperor. Also there were the hated Orcs, still present across Skyrim, and likely to kill on sight a young Northpoint man – or try to. And the city of Riften itself was rumoured to be corrupt and venal to its very heart. But Arthmael would not quail; he had heard the call of Mara. And he would answer.

But still, there was more...more than a righteous call to service of the Goddess. More even than a pragmatic sense of self-preservation, pushing him to stay a few steps ahead of the Northpoint militia. There was a palpable pull in him. He could feel and almost hear a deep thunder in the earth, urging him into Skyrim. He had always dreamed of learning at the college of the Mages, undoubtedly the greatest magickal school he could ever hope to see; and the lore told of Skyrim as a land steeped in magick, where ancient ruins and mysterious caverns held great stores of power and learning, just there for the taking – if one had the nerve and the talent. But no, this was MORE. Something was calling to him. Someone was waiting for him. And something in him was waiting for them...

Not entirely sure of some of the details. Taking a quick breakfast at the Three Stags inn below the Pale Pass, he was politely ignoring the rowdy Nords bawling loud and implausible songs about the Emperor's personal habits. It might have been wiser to leave before the Legion patrols arrived; he certainly should have anticipated that the Legate's demand for silence would have been met with a barrage of chairs, bottles, and threats. And a more experienced traveller would made a run for it as soon as axe met sword, and not put an Ice Spike through the chest of the soldier who tried to drag him away. Then from behind there came a violent oath in a broad Imperial accent, followed by a heavy blow to the back of his head...next thing he knows, he's in a cart with a "King". It came as quite a surprise to find his day actually getting worse from there.

Lesson learned: stand back coolly from trouble. Mush the minds of those who would do you harm, until they cannot; if this fails, call upon beings of a more boisterous disposition to handle the physical side of matters. Axes are for woodsmen, bows are for hunters. A civilised person employs their wits.

Favourite is the valiant and ravishing Lydia. Arthmael feels a wider duty to his gifts, to his able mind, and to the people of Tamriel; if it were not for these duties, he would gladly settle down with her.

Least favourite has to be Belethor. A fellow Breton, but a loathsome money-grubbing lowlife. Arthmael cannot escape a sense of shame that in the city he loves, his only compatriot should be such a reptile.

See above. It's never said, or acted upon, but he is in love with Lydia. He knows it, she knows it; but he is a mage and a scholar and a servant of the Gods, and she is a soldier. Their duties keep them simultaneously together and apart.

I think Pilgrimage, where the aim was to heal a wound in a daughter's heart by reconciling her with her late father. It just felt like exactly what the Lady Mara would want Arthmael to be doing.

For expediency, the Stormcloaks. The Nords have some growing up to do as a people, as far as relations with others goes, but they'll get there. In the meantime, the Imperials can dress it up any way they like - the fact remains they have sold out to the enemies of all humanity, and now do their bidding. Skyrim must be the start of a new age for man, an age without Elven tyranny.

Skyrim is his first visit to Tamriel.

It's nice when a game makes you think about choices, and those choices have real consequences. This is my second character, but when I played my first I agonised for weeks about what I should do in the war - pick a side, or stay out of it? Which side? I enjoy it when games invade my waking life, and I find myself pondering them when I should be working/commuting/etc.

Also, just the "physical" brilliance of the game, and its environment. Before ever buying the game I read a review which brilliantly observed how it breaks a cardinal rule - ease of use. In almost every other game, the ability to move around and get where you are going is a given, but in Skyrim - somehow - the fact that it is hard to move around, and sometimes near impossible to get where you want to, makes it all the more enjoyable. I know every single time I go to Haafingar if I leave that one road leading up to Solitude, I am lost. It's a much richer experience just walking around, reading the map, heading for landmarks, and all that.

Petty things. Different hand animations for different spells would have been nice, as would a wider selection of robes. Nothing too serious.

I shall add that I enjoy the game greatly, and *checks* 509 hours in, I am still impressed and even surprised by it. I also feel like I am just scratching the surface.

• February 7, 2013 4:44 PM EST

I am Remas Hunding, descendant of the great Frandar do Hunding Hel Ansei No Shira, the greatest of all the Yokudan Sword-Singers.

If you absolutely must know, I am a known enemy of the Aldmeri Dominion and, by extension, the Empire. Just my luck to be side by side by those damnable Stormcloaks as well.

My skills are not to be used for the amusement of some- oh, very well *Slaughters an entire bandit fort* Are we done here?

*Sigh* So many to choose, I would say Ulfric Stormcloak or Elenwen of the Aldmeri Dominion; both so high and mighty when it comes to the venomous business of politics, but I could slay them both on fairest of trials; war. My favorite person I've met so far is probably King in Rags and the Leader of the Forsword. He merely wants peace in a land of strife and war. 

... How in Sakatel's fury will this serve a purpose?!?

Hmm, it was interesting learning the history found in the Arcaneum of the College of Winterhold, though a bit dull. I would say freeing the Bretons from Cidhna Mine is one of my favorite stories, at least the lands of Skyrim.

Stated before, the College of Winterhold and it's vast histoical library. It let me learn a lot about the early Yokudans. **Thanks Vix!**

NA

*Sigh* Must I repeat myself, learning the history of the early empires.

The thick headed, the pathetic excuse for an empire, the arrogant Thalmor, yes, there are things I don't like in these lands.

No...

• 131 posts
    February 7, 2013 4:57 PM EST

I've started something on the site  Finally getting somewhere around here. I've enjoyed reading all the stories guys and some have been quite funny. Though Bryn I think I should inform of two minor things I left out (since I read Deadpool's just now).

On #8 it asks about your Morrowind/Oblivion Character meeting your new Dovahkiin. The actual meme also includes in parathesis (If you've played none or they're the same character draw yourself instead). Of course instead of drawing you'd write...derp...

On #10 it also says (If you liked everything then draw something random). Again you'd instead write it.

• 1913 posts
    February 7, 2013 5:37 PM EST
    Yeah I Know, but I assumed that everyone here has at least played either oblivione or morrowind (or both)
    • 131 posts
    February 7, 2013 5:40 PM EST

Yea but then again there's also the handful that either never played or just don't remember their characters. I had to go back and boot up my old Xbox to remember my characters. I had 2 and the third was a friend of mine's since his profile wouldn't download the DLCs.

• 1913 posts
    February 7, 2013 5:46 PM EST
    Well. One of the people here has already done that (he said skyrim was his first and only elder scrolls game)
  • February 7, 2013 6:31 PM EST
    My name is Robert StormHeart,(original huh?) Half-Nord-Redguard and knight-paladin in the service of the weak and defenseless of Tamriel (and the ladies!).

When on a Goblin hunt I reached the Skyrim's border and slipped down a cliff landing on Ulfic,(that's how they caught him so easy)

Skilled with Greatswords as well as bows, but I learned a trick! *shoots an arrow upwards, runs a few feet forward and catches it with his pauldron* See? Not a scratch!

Barbas walks in and starts barking/talking again, then out of thin air comes Karliah and tries to sneakily shoot it with her bow... But the battle lasts for ever until I ask Clavicus Vile for the axe back, meh...

Right now married but still likes some friendship (with the ladies! lmao).

I must say the Dawnguard, seeing the Forgoten Vale makes me want to go back there again, also love the feeling of Sovngarde during the main quest.

Dawnguard, although, Isran I hate with passion, the Thieves Guild and the Companions.

Nlif, Altmer warrior of the divines?

Nlif: Greetings traveler! Friend or foe?
    Robert: Neither! No Elf will take what I have fought for all my life!

Nlif: Easy now! Don't start what you can't finish!

Robert: Who said I can't?

The views, the people, the magic, (that it wasn't cartoonish as Oblivion).

The limit in marriageable races and adoptable children. Not everyone plays a human character!

Sorry Lad, got important things to do. We'll speak another time!
    • 1913 posts
    February 7, 2013 6:42 PM EST
    How dare you steal my quote!
  • February 7, 2013 6:43 PM EST
    Muahaha you didn't use it anyways!
    • 1913 posts
    February 7, 2013 6:45 PM EST
    *Steals all or your items and leaves you to be laughed at by everyone*
  • February 7, 2013 6:47 PM EST
    That's funny, I didn't have anything on me except your house's key! (And some ragged pants)