Forums » Fallout

Nostalgia or nah

    • 118 posts
    April 5, 2017 4:38 PM EDT

    Just a few days ago I returned home from what was one of the most fun trips I've ever been on. The location of said trip was Washington D.C. in which I got to visit just about every monument and memorial there is (which is a LOT). Now being there, I couldn't help but have a major throwback to Fallout 3 which took place in this very real world location. For me, I never played New Vegas so the last Fallout game for me was FO3 of which I have many fond memories of (most of which are likely blurred by nostalgia)

    So for those of you who also played FO3, do you have fond memories of it? Any nostalgic throwbacks to running from ghouls deep in the dark metro tunnels beneath the Super Mutant infested streets of D.C.? Or was it a game you were generally unimpressed with? Let me know your thoughts below!

    • 21 posts
    April 5, 2017 5:25 PM EDT
    I have similar thoughts when I go to Boston and Maine from FO4 and Far Harbor. Does that count? :)
    • 118 posts
    April 5, 2017 8:43 PM EDT

    Amornar said: I have similar thoughts when I go to Boston and Maine from FO4 and Far Harbor. Does that count? :)

    I can make an exception ;)

    • 147 posts
    April 6, 2017 4:40 AM EDT

    In the Fallout series, I think that New Vegas is the best game. But what I miss the most in it is the huge maze-like subway system. I spent most of my FO3 playthroughs in the metro. I wish they made a mod for New Vegas that adds a giant metro system.

    • 425 posts
    April 6, 2017 5:59 AM EDT

    Fallout 3 is without a doubt my favourite Fallout game, so every now and then I'll get a throwback to a good memory or something.

    For example, I got lost as soon as I left the Vault, and ended up miles away from Megaton before finally realising how the compass worked (eventhtough I played it after Skyrim...). So whenever I get lost in a Bethesda game I get that throwback.

    Every now and then I'll also think of the last push with the Brotherhood, it just felt so epic and far better than the Civil War assaults in Skyrim that I compare it to.

    Actually, eventhough I only played through it once, FO3 is probably thegame I get the most nostalgia about, shows how good the atmosphere.

    • 118 posts
    April 6, 2017 5:16 PM EDT

    D3LTAFOX said:

    In the Fallout series, I think that New Vegas is the best game. But what I miss the most in it is the huge maze-like subway system. I spent most of my FO3 playthroughs in the metro. I wish they made a mod for New Vegas that adds a giant metro system.

    the Metro was both my favorite and least favorite part lol. Super fun after I learned the game better, but as a first time player it led to me walking in circles for hours 

    • 118 posts
    April 6, 2017 5:20 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    Fallout 3 is without a doubt my favourite Fallout game, so every now and then I'll get a throwback to a good memory or something.

    For example, I got lost as soon as I left the Vault, and ended up miles away from Megaton before finally realising how the compass worked (eventhtough I played it after Skyrim...). So whenever I get lost in a Bethesda game I get that throwback.

    Every now and then I'll also think of the last push with the Brotherhood, it just felt so epic and far better than the Civil War assaults in Skyrim that I compare it to.

    Actually, eventhough I only played through it once, FO3 is probably thegame I get the most nostalgia about, shows how good the atmosphere.

    Haha my first few hours of Fallout 3 don't sound too different from yours XD 

    • 425 posts
    April 8, 2017 2:28 AM EDT

    MaddMannatee said:

    Zonnonn said:

    Fallout 3 is without a doubt my favourite Fallout game, so every now and then I'll get a throwback to a good memory or something.

    For example, I got lost as soon as I left the Vault, and ended up miles away from Megaton before finally realising how the compass worked (eventhtough I played it after Skyrim...). So whenever I get lost in a Bethesda game I get that throwback.

    Every now and then I'll also think of the last push with the Brotherhood, it just felt so epic and far better than the Civil War assaults in Skyrim that I compare it to.

    Actually, eventhough I only played through it once, FO3 is probably thegame I get the most nostalgia about, shows how good the atmosphere.

    Haha my first few hours of Fallout 3 don't sound too different from yours XD 

    Thank God, now I don't feel that embarrassed. But I kinda wish Skyrim was so unforgiving like that - I mean we got an NPC to walk us to our location in Skyrim.