Forums » General Gaming

Today I revistited Oblivion...

• 3 posts
    March 25, 2012 8:36 PM EDT

...and this is what i did.

First, I bet on some arena matches (won them all 1000 gold :D) then i also fought in the arena a bit (oh how i miss the arena) After a few in-game days of that, i went out on an adventure on my not-so-trusty paint horse and found a mine littered with goblins. after i killed everyone inside but the shaman, i ran from her, only to find a white skin goblin totem, which i snagged. I then went to Skingrad and got my Mage's guild recommendation there. I also did the Paranoia quest which was really weird. then the game crashed. 

but it was a blast!

this is overall what i think:

1. I don't remember bows being that crappy.

2. I didn't realize how much i missed goblins O_o

3. If you drop a goblin staff the members of the respective tribe will do anything to go get it (good bye talos plaza)

4. I forgot the attributes.

5. I didn't realize how heavy everything was. (a dwarven mace was 27 pounds! that's heavier than a war-hammer in skyrim!)

6. You can't shield bash and that sucks D:

7. everyone is REALLY ugly.

8. Sheogorath is the shit.

9. See above.

yeah

• 133 posts
    March 25, 2012 9:12 PM EDT

1 - right. always thought near impossible to play a pure archer character in that game, but in Skyrim it's quite possible;

2. there is no real equivalent to goblins in skyrim, the closer being the forsworn;

3,4,5 - i'll have to take your word on it, as i don't intend to revisit the game any soon;

6- shield bashing is truly a great thing for a melee character, but it's not just a skyrim thing - i've seen it before in dragon age;

7 - i kinda liked that. in skyrim nature and people are too beaultiful. even orcs aren't that ugly as supposed to be;

8 - don't know what you mean, sheogorath is a great character and shivering isles is a gem - one of the better add ons i ever played.

• 577 posts
    March 25, 2012 9:28 PM EDT

hahaha!!! "Sheogorath is the SHIT!!" That means he's the real deal, really cool. lol It's a bit of slang I guess. I know you live in Brazil, Ricardo. English is most likely your 2nd or even 3rd or 4th language. Sorry, I just had to chuckle. No disrespect.

• 133 posts
    March 25, 2012 9:31 PM EDT

really ashamed of my ignorance of american slang. i try to keep up, but street english is always faster than me.